2001: A Space Odyssey

blike

I just watched this movie yesterday in its entirety for the first time in a very long while. I enjoyed very much, even though my brother thought it was monotonous, boring, and pointless.

What do you all think about the movie?

Did you catch it on dvd? vcd? or video tape? How did you get it? Well, i have never seen the movie. care to tell me about it?

ask you people something... Have mankind landed on mars before? I've seen several documentaries and they have fantastic landscape scenary and view of mars... saying she is like Grand Canyon and stuff.So, what planets and moon have human landed? I am sure they landed on the moon. What about venus???

but if someone like you says a science movie is boring, you know there's something wrong with it

Its an interesting experience, especially if you have your sound jacked way up. It has a lot of classical music, and some pink-floyd like sounds. However, scenes are very long and drawn out, without much dialog and action. For instance, there is a 3 minute scene of someone in a spacesuit maneuvering toward an antenna.

I enjoyed it very much though, but as sayo said. Once every decade is enough :)

Gene: Humans personally have never been to mars. We've sent rovers and such. We've been on the moon, but thats it.

2001 is a fantastic movie. its cinematography is fantastic and the scenes though drawn out are great because they look so astounding. it probably contains some of the best special effects in movies, i think especially for its time. however, i think kubrick's a clockwork orange is a better movie. its quite graphic but its a pretty amazing thing. the book is quite good as well

No, it's not just the heat.

The atmosphere is thick CO2 with clouds of powerful sulphuric acid.

The temperature on a good day is 450°C, and the atmospheric pressure is about 0.65 tons per square inch - crushingly high compared to atmospheric pressure on Earth (calculated at sea level) which is equal to 14.7 pounds per square inch.

The very surface of the planet emits powerful microwave radiation.

There's also some evidence of electrical storms in the atmosphere and volcanic violence.

Every lander that has arrived on Venus has been destroyed almost immediately. Most survive a few seconds, the longest-lived lasted just 127 minutes before falling apart.

HAL: I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.

Dave: Hello, HAL do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave, I read you.

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave : What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I

HAL : I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I used to see it at least once a year. I must have seen the thing at Least 10 times. The concepts, symbolism, sets, visuals are still wild,and trippy.

Kubrick's best...just maybe.