If we used 100% of our brain.?

reyam200

im asking for peoples opinions' date=' not scientific data for or against it.

and it is possible to "forget" how to use them if we were taught from childhood that those ablities arn't real, that ablitiy would remain undeveloped. so over time, the ablity would be forgoten.

the time when TK would be "forgoten" is during the time when christianity was on a rise, they burned witches at the stake, and surpressed alot of knowledge about those ablities because they saw them as evil. this was because of their ignorince, but now we have the technology to study these ablities more in-depth and know just how it would work. science doesn't because its thought of as irrelavent. and your right, why would we evolve a benaficial ablity just to forget about it. we forgot it because of the superstitions and fears of the early christians.

thinking faster would make you persive time as slower.[/quote']

You don't think that maybe if there was telekinesis before Christianity, somebody would have mentioned it?

And incidentally, science doesn't not study it because we think it's irrelevant. It's not studied because there's nothing to study. Lots of people have tried, scientifically, to demonstrate that such things exist, and all have failed.

i know that the egyption pharohs had "the power of the gods" as they said it. there was one text that said the pharoh was gifted by the god Osiris the power to shake the ground. Osiris is the egyption god of the earth. there is also some mayan texts that speak of their sorcerors haveing the power to move mountians, erupt volcainos, stuff like that. the egyption sorcerors also were said to be able to make the walls speak and staffs into snakes.

ill try to find it.

you can google "egyption sorcerors" or somthing of the sort and you can find alot of info on the subject

there are some places in the bible and hebrew texts that speak of the egyptions in the same way.

how much pot have you smoked today?

we would be super human' date=' amazing beings, we would rule over all things land and sea[/quote']

...I think his point was that we already use 100% of our brains...so we'd be...normal if we kept on doing so....

• 6 years later...

This closely relates to all of this, I personally don't think that we've lost this. As we still have mediums as they can communicate with deceased. I don't think this is true I think it is a fourm of telepathy. As being very in-tune with mind and body. So this can act like an access to the "safe" of a person mind and those memories speak out like an open book to the medium.

This closely relates to all of this, I personally don't think that we've lost this. As we still have mediums as they can communicate with deceased. I don't think this is true I think it is a fourm of telepathy. As being very in-tune with mind and body. So this can act like an access to the "safe" of a person mind and those memories speak out like an open book to the medium.

Until anyone at all can show any evidence that

* our spirits/souls live on after death

* mediums actually have any kind of ability other than scamming people

* the above are both true and we can actually communicate with the dead

everything you say is moot. I'd start with proving the first point, to save me time later, when it's clear that it's false.

To relate to the topic, there is absolutely nothing that indicates that any part of our brain has any connection with anything outside our body (except through the sensory organs, naturally). Quite the opposite, as it appears our brains are insanely connected to our personalities, suggesting that's all there is.

like a battle between the concous and the sub-concous? once, but only after i sayed up till 4:00 am. people get crazy when they havent had sleep.

As associated to this post...Although I never get sick...I was unfortunate enough to come down with a case of Vertigo not too long ago as there was this virus going around. As I had never experienced this I thought I might be having a stroke and I will tell you I wouldn't with Vertigo on anyone.

I went to the Emergency Room and as tests showed it was not my heart they gave me a CT scan. After the scan a female doctor came in the room I was lying in and said...We have to do the scan again. I was worried now and asked why. She said the first one wasn't done right so again I got another scan.

After that female doctor came in the room and asked me some strange questions. She asked...Are you ambidexterous? I answer...Yes...to a point. She asked...can you multitask easily especially with things that are both creative and analytical? I said...Yes...I am a pro musician and artist and I am good in math and physics. I asked her why all the questions?

She said they thought the first CT scan was done wrong but after they took the second they found I had a very dense and numerous number of connections between my left and right brain hemispheres.

We then talked about if I could remember dreams and how vivid they were...I said I could remember them and they were very vivid.

There is something about a persons connectivity between the hemispheres and having the ability to access the subconscious. Now it would seem that reguardless of what percent of our brains we use...there are certain traits that increase abilities specific to neural interconnectivity.

Split Infinity

Until anyone at all can show any evidence that

* our spirits/souls live on after death

* mediums actually have any kind of ability other than scamming people

* the above are both true and we can actually communicate with the dead

everything you say is moot. I'd start with proving the first point, to save me time later, when it's clear that it's false.

To relate to the topic, there is absolutely nothing that indicates that any part of our brain has any connection with anything outside our body (except through the sensory organs, naturally). Quite the opposite, as it appears our brains are insanely connected to our personalities, suggesting that's all there is.

I do not agree with the fact they can acctually "communitcate with the deceased." We do not have a full understanding of what can be accomplished as humans. Thought various studies I've looked through as well there is a way to repair braincells, and fix chemical imbalences. Just goes to show that we can never know the endless possibilities. Remeber my study is to find what is lost in what humans use to do.

Music in certin fourms of acctually can repair and maintain braincells, Forgot to put that in there.

• 11 months later...

It's not often the exact same joke can be used in the same thread twice:

The question at hand is: What % of our brain do we need to necromance an almost 8 year old thread?

Apparently, less than 100% since that's what creativitysixes claims to use.

What would be possible if humans used 100% of their brain power?

some say that we would have perfect telekinesis and telepathy. i think that humans already have telepahy, they just don't use it, thus causing it to "disappear". others have said that we could walk through walls.

id like a list of what you think is possible if we used 100% of our brain.

(thats also assuming the neurons work at peak efficency)

different pathways light up under MRIs when patients are given particular tasks. smarter people think more efficiently. maybe there are evolutionary pathways that allow for the use of telekinesis thus an unused portion of wiring. there is some hypothetical research going on now where a particular scientist believes that thought itself is due to quantum interactions within the neurons themselves. could telekinesis and telepathy be no more than some form of quantum entanglement?

I think we may be able to move physical objects. I have no theory to support this though. Maybe we would be able to read thoughts of others which is a dangerous territory!!! I sometimes have to fight with my brain!! It’s almost like an argument! I tell my brain, not to think something but the bloody thing challenges me!!! Its almost like a battle going on in my head!!! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

if you did not think bad things then how could you have the element of choice in doing something good?

David - Don't expect a response. Those posts you quoted were made 8 years ago and the members posting them have been inactive for quite some time.

Perhaps a mod should simply lock this one?

I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible, as this entire topic is only a theory, but I believe that if we had access to our entire brains abilities, we could do things such as telekenisis and telepathy. The telepathy aspect is actually fairly simple. All of our thoughts and emotions are mainly created because of electrical signals in the brain. Obviously, electricity is able to course throughout the human body.

Very simple telepathy may already be possible, which could explain why large groups are able to work together to acheive a certain goal or even to act a certain way, due to the fact that the electricity produced by their thoughts or emotions would escape their skin in small amounts and would then eject into the air around them, so intense feelings could be spread to the others in a group. As each person absorbs the currents, no matter how small, it could produce more, causing people to share emotions to a much stronger degree. This explains the atmospheric effect of a room feeling a certain way, such as when people talk about feeling tension in a room.

It doesn't always have to be what is said, instead, it could be what is felt by multiple people in the situation. Some people who can already sense these things would probably just call it intuition. With more access to our brains functionality, more complex thoughts or feelings could be shared. Possibly, such abilities could be created mechanically using technologic advancements of some sort, we could even see soldiers being able to share strategies or thoughts in real-time situations.

The telekinesis idea is one I've been thinking on for a while. It wouldn't so much be a sort of pick-up and move ability, so much as a push from side to side or straight away. In theory, using our entire brains ability would allow us to be able to understand and control our body on a molecular level, sending certain signals to certain parts of our body in order to make them move or adjust in a specific way. All atoms react against eachother, so in theory, we could create a sort of push, or focus of energy, from our hands for example, and the chain reaction could impact things outside of our reach. In order to focus this ability, and keep it from creating a shockwave of sorts, the atoms moved could be in the shape of a cone, so as to create a specific point of impact on the object.

But like I said, it's all just theory.

And yes, I understand that it's not just electricity that causes thoughts and feelings, but also chemicals, but those chemicals aren't produced unless some form of electrical signal is sent to that specific part of the brain/body in order to produce those chemicals.

Edited by wolfmilenko

As i would love to believe that gaining a 100% activity over the brain at one time and maintaining that with no ill lasting effects would give us as some would term 'super powers' lets look at it in a bit more 'grounded' fashion. With the access to your brain at that capacity you would have 100% recall. You would be a savant of the highest caliber. Not only that with such a recall you could even say you could see differing paths and outcomes of things in your life, as in you could model your own future to what you would want. This is ONLY possible if you were the only person with that kind of mental capacity though, as anyone else with 100% could do the same, thereby interfering with your design.

Now also with the full function of your brain you could possibly recall ability such as caveman like super smell, hearing, and sight. Things, since we have evolved, we have put on the back burner of our DNA. Granted this is differing species now but other animals, such as birds, have the ability to see the magnetic spectrum. Whats to say that we wouldn't have access to something like that with the unlocking of our brains at that high of a degree. The 100% mark i mean.

I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan and comic nerd, so i REALLY like thinking about things like this. hope this thread isn't TOO dead lol. I can make some other good points, given enough time. Cause come on. All our science today was fiction at SOME point.

Edited by Abeancounter

Hello!

This thread is ancient history and completely pointless.

Even 8 years ago we knew that the idea of "we only use 10% of our brains" was simply wrong.

So, please remember, before you post anything.

1 you will probably look silly.

2 we already use 100% of our brains so the answer to the question is

"Nothing new would happen"

(And wolfmilenko needs to look up the meaning of the word "theory".)

• 2 months later...

Every part of the human brain is used for different things, so, 100% of our physical brain is in use. I think the question intended is what are we capable of, as human beings, no barrs, 100% capabillity. If all our capabillities are unleashed, this world would be VERY different. Our mere observation can change the outcome of an experiment, wow! This means the world is changed as we see it. Our involvement in the world is shaped by our minds. Our brain have more power that anyone can even begin to imagine. Self healing, telepathy, and telekenesis is just the beginning and scratches the surface of a very deep abyss. We would see the world in a completely different view and interact differently with eachother. We as human beings have such powerfull capabilities, being in complete controll of our own minds and actions, there would be no crime. There would be world peace and harmony if every person on this planet activates their true potential. There would be no greed or fighting and killing. If one person could be able to activate 100% of his or her capabilities many people would look at that person as a god because we still don't understand any of it yet, but we are getting there. Check out the new movie "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johannsonn to get a rough idea.

Every part of the human brain is used for different things, so, 100% of our physical brain is in use.

OK so far...

Our mere observation can change the outcome of an experiment, wow!

And ... no. Obviously, if we change the experiment we get a different result. And that requires us to use our minds. But I don't think that is what you meant.

Self healing, telepathy, and telekenesis is just the beginning and scratches the surface of a very deep abyss.

Perhaps the abyss being so deep is the reason we have zero evidence for psychic powers.

We as human beings have such powerfull capabilities, being in complete controll of our own minds and actions, there would be no crime.

Or the criminals would be so clever, they would be unstoppable?

There would be world peace and harmony if every person on this planet activates their true potential.

Ah, the John Lennon approach to solving the world's problems. I would prefer people apply themselves to something more practical.

!

Moderator Note

No harm or foul here, but I agree with some of the other posters that what's being talked about here currently should NOT be attached to this awful, ignorant thread from The Dark Ages. I'm closing this one, feel free to bring up any tangents elsewhere, except the notion that we only use 10% of our brains. That's been refuted.