If we used 100% of our brain.?

reyam200

What would be possible if humans used 100% of their brain power?

some say that we would have perfect telekinesis and telepathy. i think that humans already have telepahy, they just don't use it, thus causing it to "disappear". others have said that we could walk through walls.

id like a list of what you think is possible if we used 100% of our brain.

(thats also assuming the neurons work at peak efficency)

some say that we would have perfect telekinesis and telepathy. i think that humans already have telepahy' date=' they just don't use it, thus causing it to "disappear". others have said that we could walk through walls.

(thats also assuming the neurons work at peak efficency)[/quote']

We already use 100% of our brain.

the brain can not be 100% active, MRI's and others have shown that only certin parts of the brain are active at any given time, that activity is in the range of 10 - 40%.(in someone that is awake)

i ment brain usage as in, brain activity, neurons active.

also, do you really think the average human uses 100% of their brain power when they make some of the dumbest mistakes. such as, tryng to kick somthing thats on the celing.:D i witnessed my sister doing this, she landed on her butt. very funny.(note: she wasn't hurt)

yes only 10-40% of our neurons are firing at any given time when awake. this doesn't mean that these are the only ones that fire and are firing all the time.

40% does seem kind of high. i suspect that's with some very intensive task, or a seizure.

the brain can not be 100% active, MRI's and others have shown that only certin parts of the brain are active at any given time, that activity is in the range of 10 - 40%.(in someone that is awake)

All of your neurons are active all of the time. It's not like your neurons shut themselves off to save power. If you cut off blood flow to neurons they'll die within minutes.

some say that we would have perfect telekinesis and telepathy. i think that humans already have telepahy' date=' they just don't use it, thus causing it to "disappear". others have said that we could walk through walls.

What will prove interesting is when we use more than 100% of our brain, thanks to custom upgrades and external interfaces.

And to be honest, I would love to see some tech that could perform telekinesis without the mind, since we still to this day have no clue what sort of physics could pull that off.

i thought a seizure is when the neurons misfire. send a electrical or chemical signal in the wrong direction or somthingn like that.(i ment to say 30% in my post) 30% brain activity is probably in somone that is multi-tasking. i know that when someone does multitasking to much it will give them a headache, and make it harder to concentrate later. the younger genoration is better adapted for multitasking, the area of the brain that deals with focusing on a task is more devloped.

And to be honest, I would love to see some tech that could perform telekinesis without[/i'] the mind, since we still to this day have no clue what sort of physics could pull that off.

once scientists figure out how to make artifishel gravity, thay can use the same technology to make a "telekinesis" machine that is controled by the brain. that would be awsome once nanotechnology is perfected.

Using 100 % of the brain and using 100% of the brain's capacity are two different things. During a fight/flight scenario, one could get the entire brain into gear, with all the sensory systems, muscles, etc., all geared up for action. This max brain power may even give one superhuman strength (much stronger faster) as the brain discharges neural current in the muscles. Although this may be 100% percent brain activity, for that task, it is by no means defines all the brain's capacity to do everything else it can do.

This is why exercise is good for the health and mind. One uses the muscles to discharge the brain. When you are done much of the brain stress is neutralized.

Out of curiousity, I am reminded of various accounts of intense situations including fighter jet pilots reporting the feeling of time slowing down, and counting say, the number of rivets in the tail section of a mig as it crosses over in a dog fight.

I have no idea to what degree such accounts of been credited/discredited/debunked/confirmed etc, as well as other incidents such as people with autism performing exceptional mathmatics mentally...these aren't incidents of "using a higher percentage of the brain" but if credible they are certainly accounts of using the brain in more effective ways (with regards to specific capacities) spurred by either highly stressful conditions (the dogfighter) or something different in the development of the mind (ie with autism).

I don't mean to hijack the thread but it does tie into the OP's topic.

A human would burn out, overload, and kill over. The brain is a resistor for electrical current; therefore, if it was used to its full potential, then the electrons from biochemical would short it out.

I assume a cybernetic implant would be in order.

Efficiency is different than usage. The neurons may be used, but are they being used efficiently?

The possibilities for the abilities accessed from full brain potential are unlimited. By the time one reaches 99 percent efficency, that someone would most likely have the cybernetic implant already embedded.

Given the brain's nature of being a molecular computer which is attached to a continuously flowing stream of molecular fuel and building blocks, the "brain's capacity" becomes a nearly immeasurable quantity. It's like trying to ask "What's the fastest you can possibly run?" You can only perform multiple trials, find some way to exert yourself to your maximum, and see what the highest you can get actually is. Your "brain's capacity" isn't as definable quantity as the fastest you can run, so divising a test to determine this quantity will probably yield dubious results. An IQ test is the closest I can think of to a proper metric.

so if the brain worked at 100 percent efficency, would it be possible to preform ablities like telekinesis, or levitating? as well as superthinking like some of those otistic people.

in responce to padren's post, that feeling of time slowing down would only be the person perciving time as slower. time is relative to the observer. so it can be sped up, or slowed down by changing your perception of time passing. in the dogfight, you dont have time to think, you just act on reflex.

some of those people in the olympics can run like the wind, finishing a mile(or half a mile.) in under a minute.

The brain is a resistor for electrical current; therefore, if it was used to its full potential, then the electrons from biochemical would short it out.

so if we somehow altered the brains chemistry to be a perfect conductor, or at least a very good one. what do you think would happen? what would be possible then? excluding bionic implants. what would the brain be capable of then?

so if we somehow altered the brains chemistry to be a perfect conductor, or at least a very good one. what do you think would happen? what would be possible then? excluding bionic implants.

For the love of God make it stop... my head, it hurts me

I think we may be able to move physical objects. I have no theory to support this though. Maybe we would be able to read thoughts of others which is a dangerous territory!!! I sometimes have to fight with my brain!! It’s almost like an argument! I tell my brain, not to think something but the bloody thing challenges me!!! Its almost like a battle going on in my head!!! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

So, which mind is the actual you?

Anytime you have multiple elements of information that seem to test "true" in your head that are mutually exclusive, you'll find that sort of situation. Its all you. Sometimes we can allow data to not reconcile as we really don't care about the quality of that data, and other times it can nearly drive us nuts, especially when its tied to an emotional need to resolve contradiction.

so if the brain worked at 100 percent efficency' date=' would it be possible to preform ablities like telekinesis, or levitating? as well as superthinking like some of those otistic people.

in responce to padren's post, that feeling of time slowing down would only be the person perciving time as slower. time is relative to the observer. so it can be sped up, or slowed down by changing your perception of time passing. in the dogfight, you dont have time to think, you just act on reflex.

[/quote']

When you ask about telekinesis and levitation, you are asking about things that are not at all established and accepted by science...so since there is no agreed upon framework for what "real telekinesis" is, should it exist, then you can at best be asking what people individually think regarding the unsubstantiated heresay they've been exposed to regarding telekinesis.

Regarding time slowing down...if the claim is credible I was at most suggesting that the pilot was thinking faster, not that time was changing speed. I don't believe the mind can easily project energy fields to encapsulate objects and apply force to them because we don't appear to have any organs designed to do that, nor is it likely that we'd evolve that way, then somehow forget about such a beneficial survival tool.

Things such as advanced mathmatics and faster thinking seem to be within the scope of what the brain already does, just stretched a little, which is why I am curious about the credibility of those claims.

im asking for peoples opinions, not scientific data for or against it.

and it is possible to "forget" how to use them if we were taught from childhood that those ablities arn't real, that ablitiy would remain undeveloped. so over time, the ablity would be forgoten.

the time when TK would be "forgoten" is during the time when christianity was on a rise, they burned witches at the stake, and surpressed alot of knowledge about those ablities because they saw them as evil. this was because of their ignorince, but now we have the technology to study these ablities more in-depth and know just how it would work. science doesn't because its thought of as irrelavent. and your right, why would we evolve a benaficial ablity just to forget about it. we forgot it because of the superstitions and fears of the early christians.

thinking faster would make you persive time as slower.