i see the future in my dreams? (visions)?

smacker124

Okay, basically over the past, oh well to state the truth over the last few years. In my sleep when I'm actually dreaming I know I see these little short things/images of like something that involves me.

After I wake up I can barly remember the details of the dream/vision.

Okay a few weeks or months later the event that I saw in my sleep/dreams occurs and like that I remember I saw it in my dreams a while back.

What do you call this?

What does this mean?

Does this relate to the sub mind?

This good or bad for my health?

This occurs for me like every month, recently its up as in so far I think about over 4+ visions came true....

*I wish I could see an event where the lottery numbers are displayed... :D

Dude i know exactly what you mean, this has happened to me quite a few times. Usually its only about mildly significant matters---- i know a guy though who had a dream about an entire nonsignificant conversation between two people he didnt know and happened to be walking behind a few weeks later.

If you want to know other stuff i said you can hunt down my other post on it ------ or not that could be a lot of work.

I don't know what to say because i don't know what it means, and don't care to passionately pursue the phenomenon because i think there are more important things in life--- but nice to share some common strange experiences.

I think the key in such sort of 'deja-vu' things is the amount of data that is used to store an event.

example:

If you use very little data to define/recognise a face it is statistically easier to have the feeling that you saw that face before.

I'll admit it may be a form of deja vu, but in saying that stuff about statistics is a misunderstanding of the phemomenon--- in some cases of it i have solidly remembered having the dream, thinking about it when i woke up and what else happened the day i had it. So yeah it could be an illusion, but it is to an extent beyond dejavu, more along the lines of hallucination (well thats not what you'd call it but its like that: being indistinguisable from reality, yet infact is a mental fabrication). Some of the memories that were brought back to life with living the dream were so real i could not reason I might have drawn quick conclusions. While it could have been an illusion, it would have been one that actually rewrites my memory as far as i know---- just to say it is a different thing than deja vu. Deja vu being simply a feeling that it happened before, this is an actual memory, indistinguishable from my real ones.

Well dreams are a mix of information so it could be deja vu (recognizing a similarity to a past situation) and simply last encountering the memory of that situation in a dream, so it could seem like an accurate picture of the future. This is why you can't predict things like the lottery numbers, or any other extremely specific detail.

What about experiencing precise momments of dialouge? Thats what i mean by saying its very different from deja vu, it is an actual exact memory as far as i can discern. I dont think the lottery number predicting would work, because i don't think about the dreams at all between the time they occur and when they play out in reality(well i guess if someone did get a lotto # they'd pay attention to it, but in general i am not informed that the dream is a prophecy(if they're real at all), i have lots of other insignificant dreams that don't come true)------- which is why i think it is possible that the memories are for some reason fabricated at that very instant and the illusion of remembering. So you can see it is different than deja vu, which is generally in a degree vague, ---- here it is a real specific memory (or a completely convincing illusion of it).

If dreams are written down and documented, then you have proof. When I gamble in Vegas I often say I "knew" I shoulda done that but I didn't. Even though I've already lived and spent my winnings in my head.

Write the stuff down and document it if it is really true. Good luck.

Just aman

i admitted it could be an eloborate illusion, my point is: it is very differen't from deja vu in that it is an actual memory (as it cannot be discerned from my other real memories). My point wasn't that i was certain it was really a memory, it was that it SEEMS like a real memory. My point is it's more than deja vu, its like hyper deja vu.

did that sound defensive? I don't mean it that way sorry, you gave a good point that i shouldn't remain in bliss of ignorance just to keep the magic, that I aught to record things to get proof--- thing is i don't know if it will ever happen again if i did that. Maybe i should try it, i don't really care that much anyway.

But my response is what it is is because i wasn't exactly trying to proove i had prophecy but that it may have been a convincing illusion of it ( how the brain could rewrite memories in an instant, how and why, could be nearly as interesting anyway)

here`s how I understand dejavu (for what it`s worth)

I`ll start with a common and documented experience that were all had, going to sleep :)

ever gone to sleep and woke up 5 mins later but infact and 3 hours have passed? or been asleep all night and it`s only seemed like 10 mins?

it`s almost as if our subconscious minds have no real concept of time.

If you`re sitting there on a bus and there`s folks there chatting away and it`s autum day (make your own details) etc...

on occasion your brain changes rythme(sp?) then goes back to normal again, during that micro second yer mind had no conception of time, and when you conscious mind sees the bus and the people and the autum day again, it feels like a memory and that you`ve done this before, well in actual fact you have, about a micro second ago :)

Wow.

I could not have come up with a better solution...The memory was logged as a long term memory rather than a short term one!

So deja vu might be a side affect of micro-sleep!

Excellent. I'm not sure if that can be disputed, as in my experience, I am not remembering something simmilar at all, but the exact happenning. I don't know about other people, but when I remember a simmilar experience, it is something simmilar, and my memories tend not to get contaminated in such a way. If that wasn't the case, I think deja vu would be much much more frequent.

Imagine, you would have deja vu every time you brushed your teeth, watched television, typed at your computer, or saw a black cat stroll by.

BTW, did they only use that deja vu thing once in the two movies? If so, they certainly wasted that idea. They better use it again in the third movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, dreams are so fragile and precious and yet many over look them for what they are. If you are in a dream you are experiencing a dream. Dreams are experiences.

I have read in an article of Popular Science as to how the memory does seem to create that which we forget with that which is familiar to us. I don't have the article off hand but will share it if any are interested further.

Memory has no place in dreams for memory indicates time and well, in my experience time is nonexistent in a dream. A moment in a dream can virtually seem like hours. Makes you wonder how old or young coma patience feel when they are awaken? I have experienced dreams and all experience is real. Just suppose there is another dimension in which your dream is taking place? This may sound foolish but then isn't science about experience? Another question, can you prove to me you are not dreaming right now? No you can't.

How is that all these believers are attracted to this thread? They're NEW. Is it morphic resonance? But i also like to look at the otherside--- perhaps there are many new members a day, the majority of them searching for science-FICTION, most days when its not so imaginitive, they leave and find something to suit them better. However on the occasions there is something to attract them, they stay. Morphic Resonance is more exciting idea though.

This is a true story. My best friend woke up from a terrible nightmare at around 3am on the morning of September 11, 2001. He was dreaming that he was visiting New York when the World Trade Centers came under attack. In the dream he was killed as pieces of the building fell on him. When this actually occured hours later he was in complete shock. I suppose this could be explained as coincidence, but I believe there is probably a far more complex explanation, of which I am unable to provide.

I could have an explaination for that (all of it is hypothetical). The human brain is suposed to generate quantum energy on a small scale, as it is generated it is dispersed after some buildup. However, this dispersion patern of the brain can lock up; when this happens the energy is all released in one big burst, the bust has a chance of connecting one or mre of your senses to someone or something else or the opposite, projecting one or more senses to somone else. Qauntum energy can penetrate space and time so someone who got smashed by falling debrese on that day hours later could have had a big lock up from stress causing elevated levels of brain activities, his burst could have projected his senses over to your friend.

Navajo, I'm from San Francisco, if that's what you mean. What is morphic resonance?

And Kaezon, interesting theory. My friend and I have speculated as to the cause of his "prophesy", and something similar to your theory has come up in conversation. We are convinced that what he experienced that morning must have been felt by others as well. I imagine an event of that magnitude would send quantum shockwaves far and wide.

what i meant is its interesting how new members are joining who happen to share these experience--- this site isn't THAT huge, it seems too coincidental that you would come across it at the same time as such discussion is going on, and you happen to be one who has experienced the phenomenon, which i don't think it that common in the total population.

I don't know who first officially came up with the term morphic resonance, its basically the theory that somehow members of a species communicate thoughts psychically, without limits of space. There isn't a testable proof of by what structures this is possible, so that is open to your own beliefs, cuz i don't know how you'd detect the truth anyway. But the evidences are things such as how pyramids where built by people on different contintents all at around the same time, even though physical communication could not have occured. Could also explain things such as people with similar mentalites 'cooincidentally' run into each other. Like here. Lots of phenomenon could have to do with whatever this is. A guy named Rupert Sheldrake wrote some books on it, you can check em out if you want, i never read them so i cant tell you.

a few thought:

- A written record is needed otherwise you could just be fooling youself.

(this was also said earlier)

- When I thought about the relation between a computer and a brain I thought maybe a way to know if you are in a dream is to overload the 'image processor'. The 3Dworld that you are in isn't really there it is more or less recreated so changing view fast will most likly wake you up.

The problem is you have to realize that you are sleeping before you will try it.

but if effective then I can prove that I'm not asleep now.

-about predicting: if you predict something then it's likely that you didn't predict it based on that event but that you received info from a other source that caused the event in the first place.

- About the twin towers: if you record everyday what people had nightmares of then you will probably always have a group of people that dreamed about a twin tower attack.

If it really happens then those people will think they predicted it.

What is "Quantum energy", precisely?

A theory explaining dreams as being visions of the future directly requires that the outcomes of all events are absolutely determined - I would hope you all realise this, but can you demonstrate it? ;)

NavajoEverclear said in post #13 :

You also couldn't prove the probability of it (whether being a dream or not). And yet some people say God is improbable----- they may have reasons behind saying so, but there is no scientific basis to proove the probability.

This may be true from your stand point but would you not agree with me that just because you haven't personally experienced something does not mean it's there? I don't mean the spiritual realm, such as the Heaven and Hell or any other bogus belief but rather personal experience. A baby has no idea what is and what isn't yet when a baby matures is not the world in which it lives altered as it grows? Experience is a basis. All experiences are real.