Bendin the rules

lxxvii24

Can the understanding of VORTEX help solve the space-time construct? Vortex as used here is that of trans-dimensional gateway. I propose it to be some of singularity that would help bend space and time or better still SHRINK space and time. ANd such passing thru it would give man another means of provin to be masters iof the universe.

Can the understanding of VORTEX help solve the space-time construct? Vortex as used here is that of trans-dimensional gateway. I propose it to be some of singularity that would help bend space and time or better still SHRINK space and time. ANd such passing thru it would give man another means of provin to be masters iof the universe.

What is VORTEX?

What is a space time construct?

What is a transdimensional gateway?

How would you shrink spacetime?

It sounds like you just watched an episode of Star Trek and decided to use some of the terms they use. Your post does not make sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I have not used the term myself, in a series I'm writing on Time Travel, How Time Travel Works at http://www.writingup.com/meti, I do explain many different theories on manipulating Time to create the means of "traveling through time" (i.e. Time Travel). It is being posted part by part, when printed, it is about ten pages long - so, I felt the need to post it piece by piece instead of all at once. You may find it interesting as it uses terms that most everyone can understand. So give it a read, if you like it, check back for the rest on later dates.

Keep in mind, this post is directed at everyone who may be interested, not just the topic creator.

Hope this helps.

~Meti

Right; although I present complex ideas in HTTW, it isn't meant to be taken as an entirely accurate summary of current science. I complete the idea that they did achieve absolute zero, but only because - for my purposes in HTTW - stating that forming a man-made true BEC is impossible (or nearly, however you wish) would be a bit of a drag. I am not trying to mislead anyone; this was not meant to be used as a reference for actual experts, but rather an interesting presentation of material that may interest a person with a more than casual interest. There are plenty of long-winded papers and books that present basically the same thing - but the average person does not read them. HTTW is merely there to satisfy the needs of a certain niche of people who are more capable than the average person, but without all the meaningless jargon so few understand (That is not to say that the terminology developed for these fantastic ideas are nothing more than meaningless jargon, this is written in the context of the average person, to the a.p. - it may as well be).

It is a form of entertainment based on "reality" while incorporating fantastic ideas - giving the reader hope. I apologize if I misrepresented my writing.

Right; although I present complex ideas in HTTW' date=' it isn't meant to be taken as an entirely accurate summary of current science. I complete the idea that they did achieve absolute zero, but only because - for my purposes in HTTW - stating that forming a man-made true BEC is impossible (or nearly, however you wish) would be a bit of a drag. I am not trying to mislead anyone; this was not meant to be used as a reference for actual experts, but rather an interesting presentation of material that may interest a person with a more than casual interest. There are plenty of long-winded papers and books that present basically the same thing - but the average person does not read them. HTTW is merely there to satisfy the needs of a certain niche of people who are more capable than the average person, but without all the meaningless jargon so few understand (That is not to say that the terminology developed for these fantastic ideas are nothing more than meaningless jargon, this is written in the context of the average person, to the a.p. - it may as well be).

It is a form of entertainment based on "reality" while incorporating fantastic ideas - giving the reader hope. I apologize if I misrepresented my writing.[/quote']

So, you don't care if the facts are wrong, as long as the writing is more accessible? Please, spare us. There are enough journalistic hacks who screw up the science already. Easily-digestible wrong information doesn't solve any real problem that exists.

Very true. Only my goal is not to solve any problems. As I said (I must have heared many replies that started out like this, because as I write I get that same sick feeling as I do when someone else is completely ignorant of what and honest person's true intentions were writes in a vain attempt to defend themselves), it is a form of entertainment. But, I do my best to ensure that when I take creative license, it damages the facts as little as possible (but a "little" damage to a fact may as well be complete mutilation); and I try to avoid it when I can. In this case, I made a judgment call, maybe it was wrong of me to do what I did (it probably was). BEC was created, it was shown that such a phase exists, and that is what I wrote. However, I also implied that absolute zero was reached, it may not have been written in so many words - a simple addition of a few letters would have spared me the guilt I feel; as I too criticize people for "altering" facts. I suppose I am a bit of a hypocrite, in that respect (maybe a few others). I also suppose, though, I just didn't see that my writing was typed with such gross negligence to the truth that it warranted such a harsh response, how ever much I deserved it. I'm just the kind of person that would rather give someone pointers that will aid them in preventing self-humiliation in the future than a brash response. Both ways have merit; and the evident passion you have for science is truly inspiring, and yet, is underappreciated in this, the age of voluntary ignorance. I am much more passive, and quiet (despite my long winded posts). True knowledge may prevail, one day; and if no one does anything about it, that is something we will never see.