circular bruises

tinabogusdea

Hi

Does anyone know why I could have circular bruises on theback of my leg under my knee?? It only appeared on one leg and didn't hurt at all. They were perfectly round (two) and dark purple. It might not be anything but it is a bit odd. I looked on a few websites but couldn't really find any answers.

I would be very grateful if you could help me,

Cheers

Nicole

Ringworm is a fungus. It has no particular 'place' of manifestation, but it can more usually be seen on the arms, chest and back. The lesions/rashes do not look like bruises, nor are they dark purple, rather they appear as circular, pinkish red blotches, often with clear centres (hence the term 'ring'worm).

Green: Are you qualified to diagnose and prescribe?

If so, do you think you can perform an accurate diagnosis on-line, without having seen the lesions and using only the less than detailed description provided?

Hello.

' date='I am qualified and I practice Homeopathic and Ayurvedic Medicine.(These have no side effects and even if you take a certain medicine which is not required there are no undesired sideeffects)[/quote']

well on the OFF chance that it IS something serious, don`t you think it would be wise for them to see a REAL Doctor rather than a Quack?

Hello.

' date='I am qualified and I practice Homeopathic and Ayurvedic Medicine.(These have no side effects and even if you take a certain medicine which is not required there are no undesired sideeffects)[/quote']

Nonetheless, your success rate, whatever it is, would still depend upon accurate diagnoses, true?

thanks for your replies. I think I should really see my GP but I just didn't have any time yet. the bruises have gone (they just faded but did never hurt or itch). I was a bit scared because I searched the internet and various web sites suggested cancer(!) and because I also had an infection on my jaw bone which I was told could have turned cancerous and now it is swollen again (my dentist says everything is fine - need to get 2nd opinion!!) I was really worried. I read that cancerous cells could travel through your blood and harm your blood vessels which could lead to bruises in different parts of your body. I'm probably being paranoid... It did say it's more likely over 40 and I'm only in my 20's...