Pain in dreams

davidmoser

Not so sure if I have the right forum here, but, I came across this site after a terrible headache woke me up this morning.  After taking a couple of Acamol I went back to sleep and dreamt of a horrific headache that occurred at my place of work....So, having suffered from back pain for 20 years I have to tell anyone who is interested that, yes, there is a most definite connection between real-time pain manifesting itself in dreams (or the reverse). Occasionally, I wake up with lower back pain.  On more than one occasion I have dreamt of truly agonizing back pain in a dream, only to wake with similar (but not as intense) pain in my back.  Is my brain trying to tell me something via my dreams? Does the dream cause the real-time pain in reality? Does the real-time pain in my back cause my brain to construct a dream association?  The pain in my dreams is always more intense that it is in reality for some reason.

I would be very grateful for any ideas, views or insights to this phenomena.

We had a thread about this recently. I think it was generally accepted that real pain can effect your dreams...  but of course, your dream wont cause you injuries unless you thrash about physically and harm yourself in your sleep without realising it.

Here is the thread. :)