How a magnet works [NOT!]

Magnetism is like a fan. if you put two fans facing each other then they would push away from each other. Same for two north ends of a magnet. All the electrons in a magnet spin in the same direction. This is what creates the fan. What it is churning isn't air. It's anyone's guess. Mine is that space contains an inactive energy that is only made active when acted upon. Energy is a squeezing on space essentially which resembles the squeezing of gravity and gives electrons weight. Either way the magnetic "field" as I'm sure you relativity people will be inclined to mention, is ewasily observable and requires nothing more then space to exist. 

6 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

Magnetism is like a fan. if you put two fans facing each other then they would push away from each other. Same for two north ends of a magnet. All the electrons in a magnet spin in the same direction. This is what creates the fan. What it is churning isn't air. It's anyone's guess. Mine is that space contains an inactive energy that is only made active when acted upon. Energy is a squeezing on space essentially which resembles the squeezing of gravity and gives electrons weight. Either way the magnetic "field" as I'm sure you relativity people will be inclined to mention, is ewasily observable and requires nothing more then space to exist. 

!

Moderator Note

Did you have a question here? Because if all you want is to explain how something works, you need to start a blog.

(North ends of magnets repel each other is the only correct thing I can find here, BTW.)

14 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

Before making up nonsense, perhaps you need to read some reputable appropriate material as to what causes magnetic fields. Then if you truly want to complement what you have learnt, listen to the excellent "Feynman" link that Strange gave: It's only 7.5 minutes long.

16 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

" ... two important aspects of magnetism remain unexplained: why magnets always have a north and south pole , and why particles emit magnetic fields in the first place." quote from the internet.

Yes, good questions certainly, and the methodology explained in  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8  or are you perhaps suggesting some omnipotent  Spaghetti Monster or magical sky pixie? :D

Here is another well constructed answer if you would really like to know.

https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=31235&t=why-does-a-magnet-have-north-and-south-poles

magnets................................................6,000 years ago discovered? by magnesius? in rock he was standing on with sheep guiding pole? metal in shoe stuck on rock? where was natural magnesium?something like that? I believe.

Then came the compass......

Not really......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet

Ancient people learned about magnetism from lodestones, which are naturally magnetized pieces of iron ore. The word magnet was adopted in Middle English from Latin magnetum "lodestone", ultimately from Greek μαγνῆτις [λίθος] (magnētis [lithos])[1] meaning "[stone] from Magnesia",[2] a part of ancient Greece where lodestones were found. Lodestones, suspended so they could turn, were the first magnetic compasses. The earliest known surviving descriptions of magnets and their properties are from Greece, India, and China around 2500 years ago.[3][4][5] The properties of lodestones and their affinity for iron were written of by Pliny the Elder in his encyclopedia Naturalis Historia.[6]

By the 12th to 13th centuries AD, magnetic compasses were used in navigation in China, Europe, the Arabian Peninsula and elsewhere

16 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

" ... two important aspects of magnetism remain unexplained: why magnets always have a north and south pole , and why particles emit magnetic fields in the first place." quote from the internet.

I don't believe "quote from the internet" is good enough. I mean while the Internet is a great tool for learning, the freedom given to everyone, means that we will also have plenty of nonsensical claims and mythical explanations given by those with a particular barrow to push.eg: religious sites and the like. So can the forum please have an exact link as to where you do get your information from. Thanks.

Edited by beecee