Could I access a network of computers or someone else computer through command prompt?

FaithCrime

38 minutes ago, FaithCrime said:

I really have very little knowledge about cmd, however i was told cmd isn't just an interface

Yes.

You can try "nslookup www.scienceforums.net" and it'll give you the I.P. Adress of the site.

From there, it's literally a matter of port testing and you can pop right through.

Don't worry though. Scienceforum's ports are all secure, as almost every website is.

However, a few aren't. Often conspiracy websites, etc.

Could I access a network of computers or someone else computer through command prompt?

That depends on what you meant. Did you simply mean to legally display content of shared folder, or shared disk, or disk mounted in local network?

CmdUNC.png.212a19e0630db8178a6b9d3c6936a8de.png

Edited by Sensei

I really have very little knowledge about cmd, however i was told cmd isn't just an interface

If you want to learn properly then you should take a course in it offensive security and cisco generally have courses. Alternatively you could try learning the metasploit framework on your own just be warned that it is only a pen testing tool and most ISPs will cut your internet access off if you use it on their network without prior approval from them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if a computer offers access through something like sshd, or a network directory through LAN, it is possible to use a program, that you call using the terminal to access the other computer.

One thing I use a lot from my terminal is `ssh`, which allows me to access my remote server so I can host my websites on them.