Building a geological clock - software choice?

ZeroZero

I am trying to build a "geological clock"

First here is a description of the software device:

The device will consist of concentric circles

The first or outer circle will represent 14 billion years, on this will be the age of the universe (circa 13.8 billion years)

On this circle will be represented the birth of the sun the earth and the moon 

The next circle will be the "Earth circle"

On this will be represented the eons of the earth the Hadean, the Archean, the Proterozoic and the Phanerozoic. 

The next inner circle would represent the Phanerozoic eon and would be divided  the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic

The next inner circle would contain the three periods: the Paleogene, Neogene, and Quaternary; 

Next would be the Quaternary this would contain the Pleistocene (2.588 million years ago to 11.7 thousand years ago) and the Holocene (11.7 thousand years ago to today)

|The next inner circle would contain the Holocene and would contain milestones in the development of homo

Software?

Which software could I use to develop such a tool? If it were intereactive this would be a bonus. I am hoping to be able to click on regions aand bring up associated text

If anyone could help I would be grateful

thank you all

Edited by ZeroZero

I have been looking at pie chart type software in Excel. The problem is that the chart 'divides' the pie into parts. That is not what is required, its more like a clock which marks a particulart moment in time. There is also the question of concentric circles - how that is realised in software