CDC gets list of forbidden words

Strange

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation's top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including "fetus" and "transgender" — in official documents being prepared for next year's budget.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html

The list also includes “evidence-based”! WTF?

19 minutes ago, Strange said:

Of course not, they don't exist... not for the next three years anyway.

On 12/17/2017 at 12:44 AM, StringJunky said:

Of course not, they don't exist... not for the next three years anyway.

I know this sounds crazy. And feel free to criticize me on this one...but I am sure he will somehow find a way to get reelected. 

I am not a US citizen and don't know much about politics in general but he kind of reminds me of Nixon (Tricky Dick).

I know all your friends think he is a monster and a crook and an imbecile and you don't know anyone who would vote for him buut... you forget about those bible belt states who still hold him dear. Same thing happened the first time. (this comment is in general for all members, I know you are from UK StringJunky :P

People are easily manipulated through https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt.

Nixon prolonged the Vietnam war just to get reelected. Some similar tactic could be used, who knows. (sorry for putting out my thoughts with no factual stability behind them)

10 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

I know this sounds crazy. And feel free to criticize me on this one...but I am sure he will somehow find a way to get reelected.

Wouldn't surprise me. He's like a spaghetti western film set... all front. If he turned sideways he'd disappear.

So it is not an outright ban, but rather it is an adaptation to the new system:

“It’s absurd and Orwellian, it’s stupid and Orwellian, but they are not saying to not use the words in reports or articles or scientific publications or anything else the CDC does. They’re saying not to use it in your request for money because it will hurt you. It’s not about censoring what CDC can say to the American public. It’s about a budget strategy to get funded.”

Which is not really much better. I.e. not  mentioning evidence-based research to get funding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.