Laser or Microwave vs germs

19 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

You would need to do some work in advance for the cells to be sensitive.

Some of these things are also not going to travel through you very well.

ie.

lab_land_rat_520.jpg

I am sure we'll do a full overhaul someday though. Lot of potential bennefits.

Ya, that's the method I found for controlling the gene expression, it either requires you to alter the RNA with some compound, or in this case, using iron particles.

I am looking for a method without using any chemical alterations to change the gene expression, purely with electromagnetic radiation that is. My bet is on phosphorylation of the transcription factors, one of the steps in which hormones activates the transription factors through phosphorylation before it enters the nucleus.

P.S Hmm, but you can't get the electromagnetic radiation inside the cell heh

Edited by fredreload

It does not make sense. It is not that light selective activates or inactivates genes rather there are specific genes responsive to them as there are typically  enzymes that can be activated by light and then control gene expression. None of the things proposed in the last two pages make any sense for bacterial inactivation.

20 minutes ago, CharonY said:

It does not make sense. It is not that light selective activates or inactivates genes rather there are specific genes responsive to them as there are typically  enzymes that can be activated by light and then control gene expression. None of the things proposed in the last two pages make any sense for bacterial inactivation.

Ya, you're right

Edited by fredreload

On 2017/11/21 at 12:10 AM, Strange said:

How about a microwave laser?

Hey strange, is there a way to use the microwave laser to scan someone's head on neuronal detail? Of course it needs to be of a lower frequency, but you're not using MRI to scan, instead you are using directional radio wave. And you check the output based on reflection like Raman Spectroscopy. I don't know how to go about it in depth into the brain, but is there something like this?

1 hour ago, Strange said:

I have no idea. But firing microwaves at the brain sounds like a Bad Idea. 

Right, it would be an electromagnetic radiation of a lower frequency. But with a lower frequency the quality would not be as good. Example, an MRI scan uses radio wave, and the range is around 10mm. And you have to modify it as well, given that the only option would be a laser

3 hours ago, Strange said:

I have no idea. But firing microwaves at the brain sounds like a Bad Idea. 

It's not like they put the dream machine on sale = =, dream machine 5000 dollars each. Like PS2 when it first came out, probably does not cost as much, and has to be mass produced.

Everyone can build a dream machine. And with your instruction on directional microwave, I can probably come up with something similar too. But in the end, what really does matter is scale. If you can come up with a directional laser on a molecular scale resolution it would be premium or even millions of dollars. I mean of the best experience I have had about dreams it still requires a mesh map of the entire head. But in the end, once you've built one, the rest is easy. It's always the first satellite, or stem cell burger, that is expensive. I'd imagine some sort of optical lenses capable of magnifying the electromagnetic radiation. For instance, a telescope, which works for light on a relatively short wavelength. We could build a telescope for radio wave? I'll need to look more into it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_telescope

Edited by fredreload