Presupposition, faith and truth

Randolpin

5 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

God is the judge of our actions.He is the universal judge for our right or wrong doings does it become objective only if there is a God.

mmkay, Got it! Will you please answer my other question? (of course you have no obligation to do so from a forum perspective as it is a personal question)

29 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

Also, If I may, I have a question as you quoted Ansel and his Proslogion. If you were born in India and raised in a traditional Hindu family and found the Bible, Proslogion and any christian book that comes to mind - do you think you would say, all this way of life (Hinduism)  is wrong and I found the "true" religion and become a Christian? ooooooor would you just say - "that's a nice collection of fables and fiction now let's also read Harry Potter while we're at it?"

It depends on the person. If he really seeks the truth and If he has open his mind and open his heart in seeking God he will find Him. 

5 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

It depends on the person. If he really seeks the truth and If he has open his mind and open his heart in seeking God he will find Him. 

My SUBJECTIVE opinion is that "God" is a Teddy bear. I needed it when I was young so I can feel safe before I go to sleep. Now I know that the real demons are not in hell or under my bed. They are in our hearts (lol) . I let go of my Teddy a long time ago Randolphin. when I realized he will not answer me because he is not real.

Edited by Silvestru

1 hour ago, Randolpin said:

But I mean faith is trust on evidences and Christianity is not far from this definition.

First if God doesn't exist, objective moral values do not exist.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we got ourselves a pure blood troll right there.

Edited by koti

But I mean faith is trust on evidences and Christianity is not far from this definition.

The evidences for Christianity is the same as all other religions... zip, none, nada...

First if God doesn't exist, objective moral values do not exist. It is only pure subjective.In a deep sense there is no real right and wrong. Right and wrong are the same.But heres the catch.Why we tend to see things really wrong and really right if there is no objectivity of it?

Objective moral values do not exist, if we were to use your own holy book as a moral guide you would be arrested in any first world country. 

honestly, believing that there is a God is not blind faith or just I believe it without any convincing reasons. Like the great thinkers of the old-Anselm, Augustine,Aquinas, Leibniz etc, it's not just blind faith that I believe in God aside from my personal experience of Him. Obviously like them, I critically think it.Anselm for example invented the ontological argument which is still hotly debated today.

The ontological argument has been falsified so many times I wonder why you would include it here at all. 

Watch the debate between William lane Craig and Kevin Scharp-" Is there evidence for God in youtube and it is explaiined well by WLC.

WLC is a christian apologist, his idea of how slaughtering children is a moral act is only slightly worse than making little girls into sex slaves as demanded by your god. 

2 hours ago, Randolpin said:

objective moral values do not exist.

Who said so there is objective morality?

In many cases, what is good for you, is bad for somebody else... But you don't want to see it (or don't understand it correctly)..

Do you want examples?

1) You are eating great meal. But somebody had to die, whether it's animal or plant, they had to die to became yours delicious meal.. You don't treat animals or plants the same as humans.. You believe in "human supremacy" over the all living organisms..

(I am eating meat everyday as well, to not be hypocrite)

This "problem" will solve by itself in the near future (as long as there will be no nuclear wars nor other mass extinction).. When there will be too large population of humans, people won't be able to keep enough animals and enough plants on this planet (right now 1 person "owns" ("leases") 143x143 m^2 of Earth area (divide area of land of this planet by number of people 7.5 bln), to have enough food for everybody. So there will be needed to genetically modify microorganisms to produce human needed organic molecules straight away, without having to have animal or plant farms (they won't be needed anymore, so they will extinct)..

2) You are on this planet just because ~ 65 millions years ago, this planet was hit by cosmic object. From your point of view, it's great to be here alive, but dinosaurs (and majority of living organisms at that time) had to die. You wouldn't like to be them, extincted caused by cosmic event, do you.. ?

ps. Discussion about morality of naked people, or having sex in whatever configuration, etc. etc. is for people with brains smaller than nuts..

ps2. Many orthodox Christian people consider abortion (or even anti-conception) as sins... Because of their incompetence, they want to living already humans, move closer to death, because of overpopulation, which will cause mass starvation, emigration, crimes committed to get food and survive..

Humans must get out of this planet in 300,000 people per day, or mass abortion, and everyday anti-conception are inevitable, and required to delay doomsday, because of overpopulation..

Who is against abortion, and is against anti-conception, is actually helping destroying this planet, and helping killing (with delay) hundred already living millions of people..

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, Randolpin said:

This is what I mean by corrupting a definition to suit your agenda. Faith has absolutely NOTHING to do with evidence, it's in most all the dictionaries as a form of belief that eschews evidence, doesn't need it at all. Faith is a form of belief that does NOT rely on logical proofs or empirical evidence. With faith,  you believe strongly, mostly with your heart and very little with your head.

How meaningful is it to discuss this with you when you make up your own definitions for words that already have widely used ones? When will it begin to teach us anything about ourselves, other than our lack of gladness at suffering foolish ideas?

3 hours ago, Randolpin said:

That's bogus. Religion, or any ideology, is about as far away from "trust based on evidence" as you can get.

3 hours ago, Randolpin said:

First if God doesn't exist, objective moral values do not exist. It is only pure subjective.In a deep sense there is no real right and wrong. Right and wrong are the same.But heres the catch.Why we tend to see things really wrong and really right if there is no objectivity of it?

This was supposed to be a philosophy discussion. What the hell does God have to do with it? And what does presupposition (as posted in the OP) have to do with right and wrong?