Biochemistry for bacteriology

i'm trying to learn about bacteria and their interactions with their host, either pathogenically or commensally, and get stuck when a reference goes into chemical detail. Can anyone recommend how I should proceed from scratch. I have rusty basic chemistry knowledge, as in 16-18yr level, but not organic or biochemistry in particular. 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, StringJunky said:

i'm trying to learn about bacteria and their interactions with their host, either pathogenically or commensally, and get stuck when a reference goes into chemical detail. Can anyone recommend how I should proceed from scratch. I have rusty basic chemistry knowledge, as in 16-18yr level, but not organic or biochemistry in particular. 

Here, what I would do design your own plasmid "Synthetic Bacteria" it will help you learn and do something constructive. 

Addgene Plasmid Bank

Otherwise, go to the national center for biotechnology website and look up your bacteria it will tell what all defined proteins do in the organism.

NBCI

Edited by Vmedvil