Please help me with choices of college

skylargravely

so I am in my junior year of high school and im starting to really stress out about college. my grades are pretty good and im in the top 20 percent of my class. im waiting on my sat and act scores but im just worried that im not going to get into my college of choice for genetics which is Clemson. can anyone give me advice? im beefing up my schedule to boost my class rank by taking as many ap classes as possible. 

• 1 month later...

It largely depends on whether you find the course description of genetics at Clemson University (I am guessing you are in South Carolina?) to be engaging and whether you have the funds to be able to study at that university. If you have good grades then what is important in this case is that you choose a university that offers a genetics degree that you find interesting and that you could be passionate about by inspecting what subjects they take you through and whether your expectations would be met. In this case, you have to carry out some reading of your own time of university websites or their prospectuses. As I do not live in South Carolina, I do not know which educational institution would be best to join. You should have a talk with the respective heads of the departments, since you are there physically, to gain a better picture of the selection you have and whether you or your parents can afford the fees. Afterall, this is your education so you should take the time to analyse your choices as the university you enter can have ramifications (either good or bad) for the rest of your life. If you are looking for places that are prestigious, be warned that they may be resting on their laurels and thereby may offer a bad learning experience in the long term. Institutions that are lower in raking could be better as they must prove themselves to improve their status but please keep in mind that academic rankings are not always clean, as there are scandals where universities bribe ranking organisations to get ahead.