Need an animation app

Butch

Yes, no satisfaction... I need to create orbital models, I don't need to incorporate forces, but there is timing involved.

23 hours ago, Strange said:

[deleted unhelpful comment, sorry]

Is it an Android or Apple phone? (I assume not Microsoft.)

Android

If you are going to use Javascript, it can be used for animation by drawing shapes on the html 'canvas' element, which are then redrawn as a loop using requestAnimationFrame().

This works well if you are going to plot points / basic shapes using an equation.

If you want a 3D animation but for simplicity are going to use canvas in 2D, a trick is to calculate the shapes as 3D into an x y z array, include an adjustment for the size of the shapes with regards to perspective, sort the array on what is furthest away from the point of view, and then draw the shapes as 2D onto the canvas in that order. This produces a 3D animation.  Otherwise WebGL can be used for 3D plotting onto the canvas but I have not used that myself.

Notes from w3school https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_canvas.asp

The HTML <canvas> element is used to draw graphics, on the fly, via JavaScript.

The <canvas> element is only a container for graphics. You must use JavaScript to actually draw the graphics.

Canvas has several methods for drawing paths, boxes, circles, text, and adding images.