Media's "Made-Up" Stories About Trump

Airbrush

Since the recent poll shows that 46% of all voters believe the media makes-up stories about Trump.  Here is where the nearly one half of all voters may post what recent stories about Trump are (sometimes) made-up.  Let's hear all about it.  The media should not be allowed to get away with "made-up" stories about Trump.  Any made-up stories folks?

I think these 46% are NOT usually thinking about any specific news story as made-up, but rather a general belief:  "Yeah I guess some of the stories are made-up" but only because Trump or his supporters make claims of fake news.   Just voicing it or writing it, is enough to sew the seeds of doubt in anyone's mind.

6 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

I think these 46% are NOT usually thinking about any specific news story as made-up, but rather a general belief:  "Yeah I guess some of the stories are made-up" but only because Trump or his supporters make claims of fake news.   Just voicing it or writing it, is enough to sew the seeds of doubt in anyone's mind.

By claiming it so strongly Trump and his supporters make it a bitterly partisan issue and most average people aren't overly partisan or comfortable with taking sides in partisan disputes. Saying "some" stories are made up is the easiest way for one to feel like they are being moderate. 

If anything, the Russian pee story demonstrated the checks and balances of objective journalism.

Bias used to be narrative for discussion, but since Trump, his right to speak has been separated and elevated above the burden of truthfulness.

6 hours ago, rangerx said:

If anything, the Russian pee story demonstrated the checks and balances of objective journalism.

Bias used to be narrative for discussion, but since Trump, his right to speak has been separated and elevated above the burden of truthfulness.

Has the media claimed the pee tape is real? Reports I have seen are that it is claimed a Trump Dossier exists. The House and Senate investigations have issued subpoenas on the issue in an attempt to get more information. Trump himself has been briefed about it. It isn't fake news as it is a real thing the govt is looking into. Whether or not it includes a pee tape is speculative but that is pointed out in the reporting of the story.

According to Trump leaks are fake news because the sources are anonymous.  So how can we be sure that, for example, the leak that Tillerson called Trump a moron, was not made up?  Tillerson would not deny it, but theoretically how do we know most leaks are true since there is no way to verify them?  Maybe that is why 46% of voters think some stories are made-up.

43 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

According to Trump leaks are fake news because the sources are anonymous.  So how can we be sure that, for example, the leak that Tillerson called Trump a moron, was not made up?  Tillerson would not deny it, but theoretically how do we know most leaks are true since there is no way to verify them?  Maybe that is why 46% of voters think some stories are made-up.

But plenty of the "fake news" stories are perfectly simple to verify. It's a matter of record that Obama spoke to the widows of those killed in action; the widows say so.

His record is a series of lies like " “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.)"
Which are perfectly simple to check.

So, Trump is known to tell lies- lots of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

In cases where it's his word against someone else, why do people believe Trump?

I'd not trust him to tell me if it was raining