An open apology to Strange

Dubbelosix

After some talks with two moderators at the site, I quickly came to realise my terrninology was actually offensive under the surface, which was much deeper than I intended at the time. I won't defend myself again, this is a public post to say, I recognise that behaviour should not be tolerated and my words to you about not wanting to talk or commune over the subjects here, can come to an end. I am sorry and it won't happen again.

regards. 

G. Lee

Edited by Dubbelosix

7 hours ago, Strange said:

Well, thank you for the apology. I should say that I wasn't particularly upset or offended by anything you said, but it is pretty brave and decent to make a public statement like this (I'm not sure I would have the guts!)

30 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

Well to be honest strange, I think the real praise should go to you, when I was so ignorant in my use of words, you did not react. I took a real look at what was being said to me and so made this post 

I believe you both have shown maturity, dignity and earned much respect after some initial  regrettable comments in the heat of the moment.

Edited by beecee

I couldn't word it better, but, I do take full responsibility in this matter. As was made clear, if I want to be scientist, I must take all criticism.  How can I argue with this? I must accept when I was wrong. I will admit myself... ashamed when I looked back and read it. I was angry, for all the wrong reasons. 

1 hour ago, beecee said:

I believe you both have shown maturity, dignity and earned much respect after some initial  regrettable comments in the heat of the moment.

I haven't looked back at the thread(s) in question but if I said anything inappropriate then I certainly apologise for it.

I am going to suggest the mods close this post now as I feel rather embarrassed by having our "private" disagreement discussed in public (even though it was public to begin with!)

Strange, it actually wasn't private. I will iterate, that I used a word against you in the open forum which was unacceptable. The only private thing that has went on, was the correction made to me, and rightly so, from the moderator. It made me think about the situation, which has led to this one. 

I am sorry you feel embarrassed. I don't know why. You didn't do anything wrong. I did.