Is Quora Site Down?

TakenItSeriously

I know this question refers to another site that is similar in function to ScienceForums for diseminating information and understanding though they follow a different format and cover a broader scope of topics.

I imagine that many who post here also post as experts at the other site.

I just now discovered that all links to threads on their server are timing out and wanted to confirm that their site is down to others as well and if there is any news about this?

Sorry if this is not an appropriate topic, but I think such an outage would qualify as news.

IMG_0265.thumb.PNG.7d6c1262f2dde8705795c1ee34f3faca.PNG

Update: it seems to be running again after being down from 30-60 minutes in California.

One strange thing was that I was able to repy to what I thought was a new question at the top of my "can you answer this" list, asking if Quora was down.

I replied confirming that I was having timeout issues thinking that, perhaps, only new questions were accessable then noticed a reply to that question that was two years old!? That was when I noticed that all my notices to past links were working again.

Strange.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.