Bio-molecules, soul-mates and radar love

Whenever I watch videos like this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYf_rPWUdY

…I’m amazed, and a little skeptical about the ability of these bio-molecules to magically find their perfect “soul-mates” – all, by nothing more than a lot of random, Brownian jostling, and ostensibly, good luck.

Given that the apparent basis for the attraction between any two molecules is typically non-covalent bonds, and given the vast number of other similar (and non-similar) molecules to be found floating in the inter-cellular milieu, I would think it would be very common for “less-than-perfect soul-mates” to clog up the works.  I.e., to get in the way, and prevent the perfect soul-mates from bonding.

It makes me wonder if there isn’t some other mechanism going on.  Some type of quantum tunneling, or “radar love”, by which two “perfect soul mates” have the ability to tunnel through any imposter molecules.

Question:  Is anybody aware of any others who are wondering about this?  Any scientific articles?  Studies, theories, experiments, or discussions about the mysterious mechanism by which bio-molecules, left simply to random Brownian motion are so successful at finding their perfect mates?

In the particular example of translation, occasionally the wrong (non cognate) amino acid is incorporated.  IIRC this happens about one time in ten thousand, but I don't have a reference in front of me.  The normal rate of translation appears to be a compromise between speed and accuracy.

• 5 months later...

There's certainly discussions being had about the role quantum phenomena have to play in biology, but I don't think you'll find much about it in regards to your question. One, the correlation between the two fields doesn't seem to be fully established, and two, it can be satisfactorily explained already. The reason the molecules find their perfect match is just the reason a jigsaw assembles correctly if you just put the pieces together according to their shape- no incorrect pieces will fit together. What exact molecules could take the place of tRNA in the video you linked? 

As far as I know, the correct biomolecules mostly come together due to targeting sequences/active transport of proteins, co-localisation, or sheer oversaturation of one molecule.