Theory of the propagation of light

Roger Dynamic Motion

57 minutes ago, Strange said:

Why do you think photons have a displacement back and forth?

It because the source is in motion ( spin)  like a radar doing a  scrutiny in  space  ,,,and each photons tend to restore the straight path of the beam. (to note ,,that the first photon erected remains stable with the source . (no  back and forth )

And I'd like to point out  if photons add a rest mass light would not be possible  ,,,and by the way the spin of the protons are  parallel to the GF.

and also ~ the first photon always has a negative one  superposed .

Edited by Roger Dynamic Motion

1 hour ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

You should asked Einstein. the same question.

Why? He never suggested something so random and incoherent. What is your source for this description of photon behaviour? Or did you make it up?

3 hours ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

What about the theory of light and the way the photons has a traversal  displacement back and fort  while propagating its wave ..what cause the displacement back and fort?

No, hogwash...Light like all of the EMS, travels in transverse progressive waves.

43 minutes ago, Strange said:

Why? He never suggested something so random and incoherent. What is your source for this description of photon behaviour? Or did you make it up?

Some people seem to revel in their apparent notoriety. :rolleyes: 

12 hours ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

You should asked Einstein. the same question.

A few weeks ago, I found a small book, 1934, Essays in Science, a collection of essays by Albert Einstein. It is one fine collection. I'll look through this for something about your topic.

15 hours ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

What about the theory of light and the way the photons has a traversal  displacement back and fort  while propagating its wave ..what cause the displacement back and fort?

What?

The transverse directions to photon propagation are the directions of the electric and magnetic fields. The graphs that are shown give the amplitude of the fields. There is no motion or displacement in those directions. The field gets stronger and weaker with time and position. The fields can also change direction (i.e. not constrained to the x or y axis), in the case of having some amount of circular polarization.  

14 hours ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

It because the source is in motion ( spin)  like a radar doing a  scrutiny in  space  ,,,and each photons tend to restore the straight path of the beam. (to note ,,that the first photon erected remains stable with the source . (no  back and forth )

And I'd like to point out  if photons add a rest mass light would not be possible  ,,,and by the way the spin of the protons are  parallel to the GF.

and also ~ the first photon always has a negative one  superposed .

Double what? Negative one superposed?

15 minutes ago, swansont said:

What?

The transverse directions to photon propagation are the directions of the electric and magnetic fields. The graphs that are shown give the amplitude of the fields. There is no motion or displacement in those directions. The field gets stronger and weaker with time and position. The fields can also change direction (i.e. not constrained to the x or y axis), in the case of having some amount of circular polarization.  

Ah, you interpreted "back and forth" as side to side. I guess that makes more sense (well, as a possible misconception, at least).

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Ah, you interpreted "back and forth" as side to side. I guess that makes more sense (well, as a possible misconception, at least).

I assumed "traversal" means transverse. I've observed it's a common misconception that photons travel a sinusoidal path.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:27 AM, swansont said:

I assumed "traversal" means transverse. I've observed it's a common misconception that photons travel a sinusoidal path.

yes i agree   and i want to point out  that photons are every where in space  and they are not propagated from the source of light  because light it self is only a Wave , connecting photons along the path formed by the wave    and regarding the transverse path that can be explain from the fact that  there is no rest in space  and in fact the Earth is spinning no wave can be stable during its propagation from photon to photon that why photons have  a Sinusoidal disturbance  this is the best i can explain quickly,now 

16 minutes ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

yes i agree   and i want to point out  that photons are every where in space  and they are not propagated from the source of light  because light it self is only a Wave , connecting photons along the path formed by the wave    and regarding the transverse path that can be explain from the fact that  there is no rest in space  and in fact the Earth is spinning no wave can be stable during its propagation from photon to photon that why photons have  a Sinusoidal disturbance  this is the best i can explain quickly,now 

got to go   later 

23 minutes ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Do you have any evidence at all?

32 minutes ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

My point was that photons do not travel a sinusoidal path. The transverse axes is the graphs are amplitudes of the fields. The E and B fields get stronger and weaker at regular intervals. There is no transverse path.

One problem with "light is a wave connecting photons" is how do you account for single photons? 

16 minutes ago, Strange said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Do you have any evidence at all?

3 minutes ago, swansont said:

My point was that photons do not travel a sinusoidal path. The transverse axes is the graphs are amplitudes of the fields. The E and B fields get stronger and weaker at regular intervals. There is no transverse path.

One problem with "light is a wave connecting photons" is how do you account for single photons? 

is how do you account for single photons?  Clarified please.   photons or photon

2 minutes ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

is how do you account for single photons?  Clarified please.   photons or photon

There are multiple experiments (which is why the plural, photons, was used) where a single photon is present. How can that be, if you need a wave to create a path?

1 minute ago, swansont said:

There are multiple experiments (which is why the plural, photons, was used) where a single photon is present. How can that be, if you need a wave to create a path?

to the best of my understanding the wave comes from the expansion of the source the tungsten compressing space creating its own gravitational field   the same way the presence of the Earth has created it own gravitational field witch is inversely proportional to its sises (diameter )

4 minutes ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

to the best of my understanding the wave comes from the expansion of the source the tungsten compressing space creating its own gravitational field   the same way the presence of the Earth has created it own gravitational field witch is inversely proportional to its sises (diameter )

Again, any evidence for this?

Or is it just a fairy tale that you have made up?

Just now, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

well I have build a mechanical model representing photons has  particles  and I observe ; when  there is no expansion of the source  no wave can be propagated  and the possibility to connect with the photons  vanished also .

Then it is not a realistic model of photons.

I don't see how a mechanical model can represent quantum behaviour. In fact, I am fairly sure it can be proved to be impossible.

1 minute ago, Roger Dynamic Motion said:

With out malice ,,,, Ignorance is the key to impossible.

Then you should study, fix your ignorance and learn what is possible.

Ignorance and making stuff up is very rarely productive.