Strong Acids from Sodium Bisulfate

Mexi Chemia

Some days back I bought some pool pH lowering granules to use the Sodium Bisulfate in them to make strong acids like Nitric and Hydrochloric.

this is my question, I don’t know how pure is it, the company is called Chemia and it is from Mexico so you may not know it or find it, the box says it is NaHSO4 with is the chemical I named but i don’t know how to know how pure is it, Is there any way to know like density of solution or something like that, but I don’t want to mix it with water because it is really hard to dry again.

And I would also like to know if this reaction would happen, because it makes sense to me

NaHSO4+NaNO3->Na2SO4+HNO3

because I know H2SO4+NaNO3->NaHSO4+HNO3 does happen, but would it come out as Nitrogen dioxide or as Nitric acid.

I am a an amateur chemist and it is really hard to get stuff like nitric, hydrochloric not so much, but nitric is impossible to get here on where I live.

and also live in a building, so very little outside and no fumehood, that’s why I want to know before making anything stupid.

also by the way would Plaster dissolve in 10% by weight salt water

CaSO4(s)+2NaCl(aq)—>NaSO4(aq)+CaCl2(aq)

• 2 months later...

The reaction between NaClNaCl and H2SO4HX2SOX4 should yield HClHCl and sodium sulfate. This is a double substitution, true? No oxidation took place here. The thing is, when I tried the reaction in the lab, the resulting solution (gas bubbled into water) seemed to be sulfuric acid. Simply enough, the solution didn't react with aluminum. I presume that SO2SOX2 was formed from the oxidation the sulfur (it a little bit like it). Don't try This at Home. http://www.keralalotteries.co.in/index.php