We Can't revert to html during edit of posts

4 hours ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

There should be a source button on the top left. 

I don't see that. (I have occasionally missed the "edit HTML" functionality.

3 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

There's a code button to the left of the smiley icon.

That is for inserting code (monospaced text) I think.

Yep:

for i in (1 to 10)
    print i
end

41 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

Yes, my apologies. I have since realised that being able to edit in HTML is one of my admin super powers, so you won't have all of the buttons that I do. Is there any reason you need to? 

Thanks.

If you look at my recent new thread, it is a victim of not being able to use the quote tag fully--I was forced to place the quoted text within the "code" feature.

Further, there is no "preview" function to ....preview what I'm attempting to format.

Edited by scherado

25 minutes ago, Carrock said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's wanted is the ability to edit bbcode, which shouldn't have security risks, rather than html.

Exactly. There are times I would have found it useful. But nothing insurmountable.

But if this isn't supported by the forum software, there isn't much the mods can do about it, I guess.

11 hours ago, Carrock said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's wanted is the ability to edit bbcode, which shouldn't have security risks, rather than html.

Yes, I made that mistake--I consider them the same for some reason; I should know better. In WordPress and DISQUS, the <> tags are used but the function is the same, and I know this site is bbcode. At any rate, I've been attempting to use the "quote" bbcode with results, witness the posts with "code" blocks containing paragraphs.

Thanks for your help!

Please feel free to change "HTML" in my title to bbcode, thanks.

Edited by scherado