Male rape

Raider5678

A boy in my class was supposedly raped.

However, while he's my friend nobody will believe he was raped.

No one.

Not his parents, not his teachers, not his friends.

His parents just don't care. They think he got laid and then regretted it.

Teachers pretty much think the same thing.

His friends say he can't be raped because he's a guy. Also, since it was the "school slut"(don't crucify me. That's what they say) that he had sex with they say he took advantage of her. 

And all three of them say he enjoyed it.

He's not the strongest kid. Rather scrawny. But he's smart and honest. I've worked on stuff with him a lot and I believe him when he says he was raped.

It happened a while ago but I've been thinking. 

Isn't this sexist? If a girl made a rape accusation that kid would have his life ruined whether he did or not. 

And no. The kid did not "enjoy it" because he was a guy. That's wrong. Totally wrong. It's like saying because a girl got wet due to stimulation that she enjoyed it. And if any one of you claims that then you can kiss your ass goodbye because I will tell you otherwise.

21 minutes ago, EdEarl said:

According to your bio, you are 26, which makes your story about a boy in your class suspicious, as well as the so called facts about the story. Since you posted in politics, you seem to have a political motivation. What is it?

I really should change my Bio age if I want to keep posting about school shouldn't I.

You can find it suspicious. You have right to be.

As for political motivation, I think guys should be able to claim rape too. And I'm pretty sure they can, but it appears to be quite hard.

Edited by Raider5678
Felt like I should answer Ed Earl more. Nobody's quoted me yet either.

The problem is the term, 'rape' which has certain invasive connotations which seem unlikely in this version of the term. The obvious conclusion is to replace the word rape with the word abuse; it's much less of a leap to imagine a woman abusing a male than it is to imagine a woman raping a male.

2 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

As for political motivation, I think guys should be able to claim rape too. And I'm pretty sure they can, but it appears to be quite hard.

I agree, the problem is that when a female gets raped it's because they are physically forced to have sex. When a guy gets raped its due to mental dominance of a female...maybe not in this case...

40 minutes ago, Itoero said:

I agree, the problem is that when a female gets raped it's because they are physically forced to have sex. When a guy gets raped its due to mental dominance of a female...maybe not in this case...

So ,if a male  mentally dominates a woman  with a view to sexual intercourse  that can be called rape? Is buying presents or meals  a tool of the rapist? Flattery too?

5 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I remember a local case quite a while back of a taxi driver claiming rape by two women he picked up. One kept up a constant physical threat to him if he didn't comply to sex with the other. Seems like a clear case of rape by physical force.

If it had been a female taxi driver and two men, I would feel very sorry for the victim. As it is, I find it difficult to sympathise with the taxi driver simply because I can't imagine that he suffered much. These days, the offenderati insist on sexual equality, so he is as much of a victim as a female would be. I'm not convinced. This so-called equality reaches ridiculous proportions when a young attractive female teacher is sent to jail for having sex with one of her teenage male pupils. Thinking back to my teenage years, the teacher is actually satisfying the wildest fantasies of the pupil and she gets into trouble for it. I just don't understand how this could be called abuse.

Rape is wrong either way it goes and I doubt anyone here will argue otherwise. The difference in the way claims are treated evolves from the fact that female on male rape is considerably less common and more difficult to perform. It took decades for date rape to be a acknowledges phenomenon. The notion of women raping men is still rather new and will take time for the predatory indicators and behaviors to be identified and understood.

Rape is not just about the physicality of it. It also about non-voluntarily yielding control over ones body to someone else. The issue with male rape (and as a side note, I believe that also in these cases the majority of perpetrators are male) with female perpetrators is that is commonly assumed that women cannot force themselves on men. This view is borne out of assumptions of physical differences but also (at least from a feminist viewpoint) do to the patriarchal structure of (most) societies. I.e. a society that has an easier time accepting power coming from men rather than women, has also a harder time seeing a men in a victim role. So even if legally the situation was reversible (which is still not the case everywhere), society provides different measures of assumptions in reversed gender roles.

In that context it also should be mentioned that rape is often difficult to prove, which makes societal interference more troublesome.

1 hour ago, DrKrettin said:

If it had been a female taxi driver and two men, I would feel very sorry for the victim. As it is, I find it difficult to sympathise with the taxi driver simply because I can't imagine that he suffered much. 

Yes, if you don't suffer then it's not really a crime. Same with women who are drugged. It's not like they suffered much.

W

1 hour ago, zapatos said:

Yes, if you don't suffer then it's not really a crime. Same with women who are drugged. It's not like they suffered much.

What was the  incident you remembered?

Here is one I dug up quite easily but I  don't think it is the same one.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/637595/Brittany-Carter-male-taxi-driver-raped-ohio-jailed

From the article the police was reported to have been mystified as to why she performed fellatio on the taxi driver as he was being held at knifepoint by her male accomplice.

6 hours ago, geordief said:

From the article the police was reported to have been mystified as to why she performed fellatio on the taxi driver as he was being held at knifepoint by her male accomplice.

Physchologically rapists aren't simply normal people suddenly turned evil.

While it's been proven that most people will eventually give under pressure and do horrific things, rape doesn't typically fall into the construct of great pressure forcing them to do it.

So that leads to the other idea that it's often a fantasy.

There's predator rapists, who will stalk their victim for a long time before actually committing the act, often even knowing the victim for a long time. These are quite common believe it or not. They fantasize about it, and eventually do it. In other cases they don't plan on doing it, but when mind altering substances are involved it appears that the ability to control themselves is lost(go figure) and their likely hood to rape someone goes up. So technically with alcohol involved good people can do much worse things then they'd usually do, but often it's because of previous thoughts. Alcohol doesn't create thoughts.

And then there's rapists who get off on the idea of actually raping someone. Not a specific person. These people will use opportune moments to rape someone because it satisfies their sexual craving.

If part of their sexual craving included fellatio then it wouldn't be all that surprising.