Request for explaning few Questions

yuuki

i have this 4 Questions that i'll be happy for someone to help me solve them and explain it to me.

1)

i got list of this Materials:

,C2H5OH ,  CBr4 , KBr.

and this list of Sentences:

-Fluid conductive

-Water soluble liquid

-solid soluble in cs2

i need to Match sentence to material and to explain this:

why does the material soluble in sc2?

Write the material reaction in cs2.

does the Solution is Leads electricity?

does the material at the first Sentences is Water soluble?

2)

-i need to explain the Temperature difference between this material:

CH3COOH, CH3COCH3, CF4, CH4.

-what is the Isomer of CH3COCH3?

3)A student burned a mixture of 4.40 g propane gas, C3H8, and 16 g of oxygen gas, O2.

The following response occurred:

C3H8(g) + O2(g)  CO2(g) + H2O (l)

this is the Equivalent equation:

c3h8(g)+5o2(g)→3co2(g)+4h2o(g) 

-The resulting gases are transferred to a tank at a temperature of 20 ° C
C and a pressure of 2.00 cm. What is the volume of the tank? Show your calculations.

-Why water is in a liquid state at room temperature while carbon dioxide is
Gas under these conditions?

-explain why Propane gas Not dissolving in water but dissolving Cyclohexane(C6H12{1})

4)

To determine the concentration of calcium ions in tap water, prepare a sodium carbonate solution (aq) Na2CO3, by
Dissolving 0.265 g of Na2CO3 (s) in 500 ml of water.

-i Write a formulation for the melting process of sodium carbonate in water.

ii Consider the concentration of the solution prepared. specify your calculations.

-A sample of 100 milliliters of tap water was taken into which sufficient solution was added
The sodium carbonized. The following response occurred:

Ca2+ (aq) + CO3 2- (aq)  = CaCO3(s)

i Calculate the concentration of calcium ions in water.

ii Calculate the mass of calcium ions in one liter of water.

-In another experiment they took a certain amount of calcium carbonate and reacted with 5 milliliters of HCl (aq) solution at 0.2 M concentration

CaCO3 (s) + 2HCl (aq)  CaCl2 (aq) + CO2 (g) + H2O (l)

-What is the amount of calcium carbonate that reacted?
ii) How many carbon dioxide molecules have been created?

Did you intend to make some effort to answer these questions, or did you wish us to do all your work for you?

Hint: if you won't even make a small effort to succeed, why should we help you?

Suggestion: give your best thoughts as to the answers, so far.

3 hours ago, Area54 said:

Did you intend to make some effort to answer these questions, or did you wish us to do all your work for you?

Hint: if you won't even make a small effort to succeed, why should we help you?

Suggestion: give your best thoughts as to the answers, so far.

I Didn't asked for the answers.

i asked someone to explain me this Questions.

i don't get much lessons and i have to study all by my self,so i asked for some help to understood this.

as i wrote "solve them and explain it to me".

My apologies. I misunderstood your request. I am not sure how to help you, as the questions seem to be stated at least as clearly as I could put them myself, although I found your associated comments were confusing. But I'll see what I can do. Let's tackle one question at a time.

You have been given three chemicals and three characteristics. Which chemical matches which characteristic? What is your difficulty with that question?

We may not do complete questions for you, but we do provide hints.

So there are two types of solvent.

Polar and non polar.

One of these dissolves ionic substances as ions in solution

One dissolves non ionic (covalent) substances as non polar molecules in solution.

This is very general, but what your question is about.

Think which one is which ( Which conducts electricity and which does not)

Edit, I see there are more questions.

2) Makes no sense.

3) & 4) I agree with Area 54 we need to see your beginning of these questions as we don't know what your knowledge is.

By the Way you should separate these questions into four separate threads, otherwise any answers will get hopelessly mixed up.

You should ask a moderator to help with this - they are very friendly.

Edited by studiot

46 minutes ago, Area54 said:

My apologies. I misunderstood your request. I am not sure how to help you, as the questions seem to be stated at least as clearly as I could put them myself, although I found your associated comments were confusing. But I'll see what I can do. Let's tackle one question at a time.

You have been given three chemicals and three characteristics. Which chemical matches which characteristic? What is your difficulty with that question?

i don't know much about this chemicals so i don't know how to match them to the Sentences and explain why do they match.

if can you explain me how can i know if material is soluble it will be helpfull.

i want to Clarify my intention, i want only some explaning about this questions,i started B.A and i don't get much help from the university.

i really didn't had Intent for someone do this work for me. i'm sorry about the confusing Formulation.

10 hours ago, yuuki said:

i want to Clarify my intention, i want only some explaning about this questions,i started B.A and i don't get much help from the university.

i really didn't had Intent for someone do this work for me. i'm sorry about the confusing Formulation.

I think what studiot is getting at is that, if you don't know much about the chemicals, then the questions are pitched a few levels above where you're actually at in terms of your understanding. He also gave you some very good starting places for how to answer the questions. The issue is that if you do not know how to approach the subject matter, explaining / rewording the questions for you won't help. I would recommend going over the coursework you have learnt leading up to these questions, and then come back and reconsider where you are stuck. We are better positioned to help you once you reach that point, and have some specific / more informed questions.

9 minutes ago, yuuki said:

open different topic for every question?

Yes that is what I suggested and explained why.

You would not be the first newcomer to try to pack too many questions into one thread so take heart and deal with one at a time.

The support is here,  but try to work with those helping you.

OK so there we have it.

Let us address only the first question in this thread and yuuki, please copy and paste the other three into new threads (you can have all four open at once).

Then post a note here to say you have done this, if HI can't delete those parts.

On to question (1)

'Chemicals' is not really a scientific term. Substance is a better general one.

Please can you say if you can name any of the three substances in the list?

Can you also say if you understand the following terms

Pure substance
Compound
Mixture
Element
Atom
Molecule
Amorphous
Phase
State

These are essential basic technical terms, each with its own special meaning.

Edited by studiot

14 minutes ago, yuuki said:

i doesn't see how to edit/delete this topic.

it is ok to open 4 new topic with clarity Formulation?

Why not try what was suggested instead of something different?

That way you can move on with the questions.

:)

i don't have any Academic experience.

i started to study for BA in the university in august.

if you guys don't have way to explain me this you can lock this topic or even delete if you hve this option.

thank you guys for trying to help me.

2 hours ago, yuuki said:

i don't have any Academic experience.

This is why Studiot asked you about some very basic terms. Your ability to understand these would help us understand what level you are at and how we might best help. Even if you abandon the thread now, please look these terms up on wikipedia. It will be a start.

If you are willing to answer this question please do. If not, no problem. How did you gain entry to a BA course without any academic experience?

I find it hard to believe that your university is just giving you questions sheets with no attempt to teach you the content. Do you have lecture notes? Text books? It seems to me like you need to address your fundamental understanding through independent study. Our help will be of little use to you otherwise. 

I have a lesson once a week and text book. 

i am in the university without Academic experience because this is not reguler university. They recived me without matriculation exams. 

This is the reson that i must to study very much by my self.

I appreciate your help,but i see that i'll be needed to make alone.

8 hours ago, yuuki said:

I have a lesson once a week and text book. 

i am in the university without Academic experience because this is not reguler university. They recived me without matriculation exams. 

This is the reson that i must to study very much by my self.

I appreciate your help,but i see that i'll be needed to make alone.

It is not that we are unwilling to help. The issue is that you appear to lack the very basic understanding required to even approach the questions you posted. It is too much of an undertaking for strangers on an Internet forum to try and fill those gaps when they are so large.

What I was trying to suggest to you was that you first need to go away and study from the text book / your lecture notes. The things you need to know will be summarised there. If you are struggling to understand specific concepts, then you can ask questions and we can help to clarify things. What you are doing now is asking extremely broad questions, and there is little point in us trying to answer them in the ground-up fashion you require since your textbook already does this. 

To repeat, go and study the concepts you have already covered in class. Consult Google if you think you are still lacking the foundational knowledge to comprehend what you are being taught (for instance, if you don't know what an atom is, or what is meant by covalent, polar covalent, ionic bonds, etc., you need to go and read up - I suggest starting with the beginning of your text book), or ask here and we can try and point you in the right direction of where to look. Once you have done this, then go back and attempt the questions you originally posted here. If you are still stuck, identify which parts of the question you do understand, and then which parts you don't understand and ask here for help on those parts. 

On 5.09.2017 at 9:34 PM, yuuki said:

i don't know much about this chemicals so i don't know how to match them to the Sentences and explain why do they match.

if can you explain me how can i know if material is soluble it will be helpfull.

If you received list of chemicals by their formulas, search net (f.e. Google) for each formula, and in search results there will be Wikipedia page link about compound.

Read them all.

On the right side of each chemical wiki page there is mentioned whether compound is soluble in water or alcohol and in what solubility (in g/100 mL typically).

On 5.09.2017 at 2:22 PM, yuuki said:

does the material at the first Sentences is Water soluble?

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

If you received list of chemicals by their formulas, search net (f.e. Google) for each formula, and in search results there will be Wikipedia page link about compound.

Read them all.

On the right side of each chemical wiki page there is mentioned whether compound is soluble in water or alcohol and in what solubility (in g/100 mL typically).

This is rather unhelpful. A list of Wikipedia facts about each chemical won't address the problem of a lack of basic understanding.