Anti-Gravity??

NishanC

Today I was watching the sky and thinking if i was about the circle a black hole then time pass slow for me and time pass faster for someone on earth but what would happen if there is no gravity but anti-gravity?

2 hours ago, NishanC said:

Today I was watching the sky and thinking if i was about the circle a black hole then time pass slow for me and time pass faster for someone on earth but what would happen if there is no gravity but anti-gravity?

Gravitation time dilation occurs because of the location in a gravitational potential, i.e a well. You would now have the possibility of hills instead of just wells, so time could pass faster than in isolated space. 

(This is ignoring other difficulties with physics that might arise from antigravity)

Gravity is an attractive force only and not repulsive.

I am not a scientist just interested in gravity, so the following might be complete CRAP. I am accumulating ideas for a semi fictional novel.

In order to create a gravity driven propulsion system, one would have to create a virtual gravitational field in the direction you wanted to go that exceeded the gravitational field holding you back.

A gravitational theory based on Quantum foam suggests that gravity is a result of the contraction of space around mass or particles of any description, the same theory also explains time dilation, and does away with the need for dark matter I understand.

All matter and waves are affected by gravity, even electromagnetic waves. If one was to arrange an antennae over a curved surface a bit like multiple celtic knots or mess of inter winding conductors then pulse it at very high frequency and current level, (causing it to resonate), one would create a lot of electrical noise which would radiate away from the surface. The quantum foam or matter above the surface would be destroyed and cause space to contract above the surface, and hence create a virtual gravitational field.

Due to the high frequencies and energy levels involved, you might wind up with a radiation burn if you were in close proximity to said device. Due to the near field effect this effect would be more noticeable immediately over the surface, etc etc.   

The US has withdrawn a none lethal weapon system which operated on extremely high frequency (1pm wavelength), maybe it had another effect other than making people think there skin was on fire? :) For the US government not to use a none lethal weapon system for controlling unruly people is interesting, perhaps just shooting people is less problematic.

:) 

I did miss out the universe is expanding and the space between galaxies is increasing at an accelerating rate.

The Quantum Foam theory of gravity isn't from my novel ideas its an actual scientific theory, and I like it. :)  

Edited by Handy andy
added some text

!

Moderator Note

Handy andy.  Do not introduce your own new ideas into mainstream threads, your post was a mix of speculation, fiction, and misunderstanding.  You have been warned for hijacking before.  Please stop

Do not respond to this moderation within the thread

spin foam loop quantum gravity is one such model.

"Introduction to loop quantum gravity and spin foam" 

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://arxiv.org/pdf/gr-qc/0409061&ved=0ahUKEwjl6NqaosHVAhUBU2MKHcubDkUQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNFQyCyhp4AAkygF3OyIWVyAk4tGHg

So the statement you quoted is accurate their is such a theory not of his own making. Whether or not Handy was referring to this model is another question ;)

Not to play devils advocate here :P as the post in question does not describe what LQG entails lol. Particularly the hijack warning

Edited by Mordred

'Spin foam' is a higher dimensional change of a spin network, and relates to LQG.
As such, it is vastly different from the Quantum foam that Andy keeps referring to, and was originally popularized by J. A. Wheeler.