Scientific research on sudden paranormal ability

Tube

Hey people, I'm new here and after recent events I wanted to ask a question,

I've been using crystal meth since march and seem to have developed the ability to see veins where other people can't. It started with me asking ''Why don't you use that one?''. It progressed from there and I remember this one day I got out of the shower and I  could see all the veins on my legs mapped out. Now I can see veins everywhere on the body, through clothing, occasionally objects and on pictures. I did a couple of tests that have shown me that I do indeed have this, but these were not done by professionals.

I'm aware of the fact that meth can cause hallucinations, but since the veins are actually on the spot were I said they are I do want to research this matter further.

Now my question is, where do I go from here? I know some people and/or organisations have rewards out for people who can prove a psychic ability, but I wouldn't expect that to count for this as well?

Anyways, thank you for reading and any further replies :)

Hello Tube, I regret that my reply will not be helpful to you in the way that you wish, but - nevertheless - it is intended to be helpful and I hope you will see it that way. I want to offer you two statements and ask you one question.

Statement 1: Despite decades of investigation by many able invesitgators no unequivocable evidence for psychic abilities has been found. Most studies reveal no such abilities whatsoever. Most of the handful of studies that suggest possible success have later been shown to use flawed statistical methods, or be badly designed experiments, or to be cases of fraud or hoax. The overwhelming considered opinion of the scientific community is that such abilities do not exist.

Statement 2: Crystal meth may cause hallucinations. This is certain. There is no doubt about it. There is sound evidence to support it. There is essentially no evidence to the contrary.

Question: On the basis of these facts, which do you consider the more likely explanation: you have achieved what no other person in human history has been shown to have achieved and do have a genuine psychic ability; alternatively you have experienced what is a common, known side-effect of crystal meth and are experiencing hallucinations?

I hope another member will be able to offer you suggestions on what experiments you might perform to satisfy you and others which explanation is the correct one.

Edited by Area54

Seeing veins is neither paranormal or psychic. Phlebotomists do it every day.

It's also possible your visual system is a bit borked and you're just more sensitive to the near-infrared side of the visual spectrum. Machines like those described at the following link would allow you to run tests to see if this is anything more than a delusion: https://www.cnet.com/news/near-infrared-makes-veins-easier-to-find/

Who knows, though. If you keep using meth, soon we'll be able to see gaps where your teeth used to be, tears where joy used to be, and potentially even graves where life used to be. 

20 hours ago, Tube said:

Now I can see veins everywhere on the body, through clothing, occasionally objects and on pictures. I did a couple of tests that have shown me that I do indeed have this, but these were not done by professionals.

I object to the logic of this experiment. You've only tested this on yourself, correct? It is easily possible that as you got skinnier through the use of meth and your skin got more dry, your veins got accentuated so they actually are visible to everyone?

You presumably haven't done tests on other people, so the veins you see on pictures and others are most likely hallucinations. Always exaust the logical explanations first. Paranormal later.

This statement "have developed the ability to see veins where other people can't. " doesn't exactly tally with the idea that he happens to have slightly better near IR vision than most.
If he has, he was almost certainly born with it.

The "Crystal meth makes you see weird shit" explanation makes a lot more sense.

Just now, John Cuthber said:

The "Crystal meth makes you see weird shit" explanation makes a lot more sense.

He is banking on the fact (if it's true) that he can hit the veins exactly where he sees them. As I said, it could be explained by the assumption that he has lost weight and has sunken skin which actually does expose his veins.

8 hours ago, Lord Antares said:

He is banking on the fact (if it's true) that he can hit the veins exactly where he sees them. As I said, it could be explained by the assumption that he has lost weight and has sunken skin which actually does expose his veins.

"Now I can see veins everywhere on the body, through clothing, occasionally objects and on pictures."

Have the pictures also lost weight?

3 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

"Now I can see veins everywhere on the body, through clothing, occasionally objects and on pictures."

Have the pictures also lost weight?

That's clearly a hallucination. I can see how it would happen. I used to take speed a lot (similar to meth but weaker). If you stared at something for a long time on the comedown, you would see it when you would turn your head away. I could totally see it happening.