Where on the net can i get get these languages?

LabRat1

So my seniors on in college recommended C++ and PHP. They said the Adobe version for C++ is good (either it was adobe or ado). So where on the net can i get both?

Thank you!

Edited by LabRat1

PHP is a server side interpreted language, so you don't need a compiler. PHP can be embedded in HTML or HTML5. I think you need is documentation to code PHP. See: :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

You may be looking for this C++ https://sourceforge.net/projects/crossbridge/

C++ is available for Linux free. Each OS has a version, you can buy MS C++ along with Visual Studio. Similar for Mac.

If you don't get what you need here, you may get more info on Stack Exchange.

Edited by EdEarl
Stack Exchange

Visual Studio Express is free since at least 2005.

Even if the latest version with the best features (theoretically) might not be free, older versions, or some crippled versions, are still available to download.

I recommend downloading entire DVD, and burning it.

For example Visual Studio Express 2005 and 2008 free crippled versions can compile C/C++/C# .NET Framework 32 bit executable,

but cannot 64 bit (there is needed special hack to make them producing 64 bit executable).

2 hours ago, EdEarl said:

I should have checked. I understand there may be a free version of Windows soon.

Actually, Windows 10 is now free to use. The only thing you can't do is use the desktop theme customization features.

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

Even if the latest version with the best features (theoretically) might not be free

Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 is free and not crippled (although it lacks some features the expensive paid version have).

Edited by Thorham

On 7/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, Thorham said:

Actually, Windows 10 is now free to use. The only thing you can't do is use the desktop theme customization features.

Windows 10 is only free for use with screens smaller that 10 inches such as tablets.

For larger screens, Windows 10 isn't free and never has been. When released in July 2015, Microsoft were offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 for a 12 month period. It wasn't technically free though because you were required to own the licence for either Windows 7 or 8 which costs money. Without this, you couldn't legally download Windows 10 without paying for it.

Hearing or visually impaired people who own a license for Windows 7 or 8 are still entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 10 for use with assistive technologies but this offer may be cancelled without notice. Again, the Windows 7 or 8 license is required to subsidize the cost.

It's possible to download and install Windows 10 and use it without paying for it but its theft. The idea is that you pay for it. It's like saying food at a restaurant is free because you could order a meal, eat it and then walk out without paying for it.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:32 PM, LabRat1 said:

So my seniors on in college recommended C++ and PHP. They said the Adobe version for C++ is good (either it was adobe or ado). So where on the net can i get both?

Thank you!

Download Xampp and play around with PHP. It comes with some example code which will give you an idea how it works. Your understanding of HTML will help you because PHP is outputted to the browser as HTML. Try and modify the code and experiment with it. Also you could by a PHP book on Amazon.

14 hours ago, at0mic said:

It's possible to download and install Windows 10 and use it without paying for it but its theft.

No, it's not theft, because Microsoft lets you use it that way. On purpose.

17 minutes ago, Thorham said:

No, it's not theft, because Microsoft lets you use it that way. On purpose.

You have to have an existing licence, of which the code is embedded when you bought the computer. I don't know if there is a grace period now but you'll come unstuck at some point if that code isn't there.

10 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I don't know if there is a grace period now but you'll come unstuck at some point if that code isn't there.

There used to be a limited grace period for Windows 10, but now it's unlimited and you can use it for as long as you want without activating it.

10 hours ago, Thorham said:

There used to be a limited grace period for Windows 10, but now it's unlimited and you can use it for as long as you want without activating it.

It appears you are right. There are some minor restrictions but it seems it should be usable. I need a Windows virtual machine occasionally and I have been stuck with a really old XP license for years. So I will try this out and see how well it works.

Thanks