How do you unlock a topic?

Does anyone know how to unlock a topic? There must be some form of appeal process? In all fairness that is. In the section quantum physics under the topic "atomic orbitals" I believe that I was arbitrarily lock out.

Edited by ivylove

There is a report post button at the bottom of posts. That will alert the moderators.

However, thread closures are often discussed and agreement reached beforehand, and/or in response to complaints. So in your appeal you had better have some substantive argument about why the thread should be re-opened.

I believe that I was arbitrarily lock out.

!

Moderator Note

Hardly arbitrarily. Someone frustrated that you don't actually read responses to your posts reported your thread as being unproductive. Upon review by staff, we concurred.

You seem to have incorrect answers you want people to give to your questions, and when they don't you ignore them, and repeat your questions. You don't discuss, you cherry-pick what you want to deal with. This may be causing you to push away the very help you need to get the best explanations.

but we were in the middle of a discussion

One of the signs that thread closure is appropriate is when the thread starter is repeating their arguments without acknowledging or incorporating objections and corrections to their claims. It's not productive to go over the same ground again and again.