hijack from Trump, NASA & Climate Change

GeniusIsDisruptive

And hyperbole literally connects my head to my desk(

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition."

~C. Sagan

"Sex was invented." - Carl Sagan (Cosmos, page 338)

(Voyager 2 showed that) “Mars was a place.” (Ibid, page 121)

Deep, is it not? Mars was a place... Sex was invented...

And many, many other silly remarks by the late Carl, in this and other books he wrote.

"Sex was invented." - Carl Sagan (Cosmos, page 338)

(Voyager 2 showed that) “Mars was a [/size]place.” (Ibid, page 121)[/size]

Deep, is it not? Mars was a place... Sex was invented...[/size]

And many, many other silly remarks by the late Carl, in this and other books he wrote.[/size]

No idea what you think the quotes are saying. Sagan (who is not a biologist) merely list things that developed in an off-hand manner (photosynthesis, then sex). It is almost that books have context. And even if his books were inane drivel, I do not see any relevance here.

No idea what you think the quotes are saying. Sagan (who is not a biologist) merely list things that developed in an off-hand manner (photosynthesis, then sex). It is almost that books have context. And even if his books were inane drivel, I do not see any relevance here.

My universal translator suggests that his post means, "I'm mostly just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people."

Who knows if that's accurate. My translator is not as accurate as my babel fish, but seems likely given this individuals posts in other areas of the site.

My universal translator suggests that his post means, "I'm mostly just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people."

Who knows if that's accurate. My translator is not as accurate as my babel fish, but seems likely given this individuals posts in other areas of the site.

In any left-wing, atheist forum, either one falls in with the angry majority, or else one is called names, relentlessly attacked, and maliciously treated.

Leftist atheists need to be arisen. Obviously you don't realize that science consists of... "getting a rise out of people," i.e. challenging the prevailing narrative.

Carl Sagan is worshiped as some kind of god by sanctimonious leftists. No inconsistency of his, no error, no pettiness or bias can ever be challenged without his legions mounting a very angry, very condescending rebuttal, notwithstanding Sagan's own admonition that "valid criticism does you a favor."

Despite his pride in his agnostic beliefs, Sagan was eulogized at St. John the Divine Cathedral in New York City.

This is the fellow who mocked "commercial television" in one of his books, only to appear in "commercial television" time and again.

Sagan claimed that "we could build Daedalus now if we wanted" and travel at 10% of the speed of light.

Not remotely true even today, and that was decades ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.