Gene replacement during sex

girjabu

I read somewhere that during the sex , the women keeps adn from the man . i thing both parteners change adn during the sex. sometimes two people start to looke like each other after many years.

after how many years is possible to have children with probleme beacose of the dna transfer , when they tend to become the same person. it is possible? it any study?

sory for mistake , eanglish is not my native language

I read somewhere

Peoples DNA cannot be altered by having sex with other people. For the same reason that if you eat a lot of broccoli you will not change into broccoli.

Did I just really write that?

Peoples DNA cannot be altered by having sex with other people. For the same reason that if you eat a lot of broccoli you will not change into broccoli.

Did I just really write that?

That is just what a guy turned into a broccoli would claim. Brassicacea are not to be trusted.

That is just what a guy turned into a broccoli would claim. Brassicacea are not to be trusted.

Charon, I was googling the difference between human and broccoli DNA to answer your post with some silly comment and you wont believe what I came across. This is actually funny in the context my previous comment:

"Broccoli Might Be Rewriting Your DNA"

http://drgeo.com/broccoli-might-be-rewriting-your-dna/

Edited by koti

And...

Here, based on the analysis of over 1000 human samples from four independent studies, we report evidence that meal-derived DNA fragments which are large enough to carry complete genes can avoid degradation and through an unknown mechanism enter the human circulation system. In one of the blood samples the relative concentration of plant DNA is higher than the human DNA.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0069805

Strange, if my logic serves me correctly, this means I need to become a cannibal to keep my DNA intact doesnt it?

Forget it, I'm sticking to broccoli.

Well, if you want to keep your own DNA (and not turn into the people you eat) I guess you would need to be an auto-cannibal. (Nasty SF ideas about people cloning themselves for food ...)

Well, if you want to keep your own DNA (and not turn into the people you eat) I guess you would need to be an auto-cannibal. (Nasty SF ideas about people cloning themselves for food ...)

Ofcourse, how could I be so silly and not see that I need to eat myself to stay biologically intact.

This is getting into David Cronenberg's arena, I shall take the risk and stick with beef and veggies :)

Dont worry about the jokes we made in this thread and dont worry about getting your DNA contaminated or changed by having sex with someone. I dont like to use this word but in this case I'll make an ecception: its impossible. Don't believe pop science articles telling you fairy tales. Have as much sex as you want as long as you protect yourself.

Also...if you want to know details of how this stuff works, the best idea is to see a doctor. Be sure its a real, medical doctor and not some witch doctor.

Edited by koti

That article (and that website) looks like nonsense. The scientific study looks sound, but as they say in the conclusion, more research is needed "to determine specific origins of male microchimerism in women."

That article (and that website) looks like nonsense. The scientific study looks sound, but as they say in the conclusion, more research is needed "to determine specific origins of male microchimerism in women."

I only glanced through the study but if anything, it looks like evolution is taking its place. If we ss a species would erradicate wars and other "incidents" than a few dosen more generations and men might become obsolete - I can believe that.

Dont worry about the jokes we made in this thread and dont worry about getting your DNA contaminated or changed by having sex with someone. I dont like to use this word but in this case I'll make an ecception: its impossible. Don't believe pop science articles telling you fairy tales. Have as much sex as you want as long as you protect yourself.

Also...if you want to know details of how this stuff works, the best idea is to see a doctor. Be sure its a real, medical doctor and not some witch doctor.

i am not worry , i just ask my self , beacose i find it interesting. imagine if is true , always when you make sex with a younger person than you , you take younger adn :)) it is funny. but is true that some people , after many years together, thei start to look each other, maybe this is one of the reason. and again somethin intersting , if that is possible , if they tend to become the same person , and they have a child , it like the child wil be born from incest . :) it real funny if is that possibile , but dosen t exist to many study about this.

i am not scary about this , just we had i discution with a frend when we drink some bear , and we ask if is possible or not . i don t thing the thery is 100% false