Riot Police Cooler

Airbrush

The riots in Hamburg Germany, for the G20, shows an army of riot police in very heavy clothing, helmets, and facemasks. It is also a hot summer day. The news made no mention of cooling systems inside the clothing of the riot police. How expensive would it be to wear a cooling system?

How expensive would it be to wear a cooling system?

That depends on how how quickly you need them if you make everything yourself then it will be less expensive. If not you can get suits that would work with a bit of alteration for about €2100 (they are kind of a niche product and only rich people buy them).

They might need something more costly though to keep bulk down. ​

I dunno about bulk mine was a pumped water system similar to the hot water suits divers wear and a battery pack. It is a full body suit and is already made of fairly durable material and is available in black.

Do fire fighters have access to cooling systems to wear under their heavy gear on a hot summer day?

Cooling vests are 1-200 hundred. They might need something more costly though to keep bulk down.

What is 1-200 hundred? You must mean 1-200 thousand. Is that US dollars?

Edited by Airbrush

Do fire fighters have access to cooling systems to wear under their heavy gear on a hot summer day?

What is 1-200 hundred? You must mean 1-200 thousand. Is that US dollars?

A full refrigeration system like what Fiveworlds is describing will cost, but something with only chilled water/icepacks can provide cooling as well at a fraction of the cost.

Summers have been increasingly brutal lately. I was actually looking at buying one myself the same day you posted. :)

I dunno about bulk mine was a pumped water system similar to the hot water suits divers wear and a battery pack. It is a full body suit and is already made of fairly durable material and is available in black.

Yeah, it might be able to work. There's some top of the line ones out there.

Now I'm curious where you were at that you needed one. Mainly for folks who can't be rotated out easily.

That sounds interesting, thank you very much. How much would it cost to buy a cooling suit in which you carry a backpack of frozen ice pack and a battery to power a circulating system?

How much water tubing, or what diameter, does it take to cool off torso, arms, and legs?

In the age of global warming it seems like more hot days and a growing demand for an affordable cooling system.

Edited by Airbrush