Is there any studies that says homosexuality is natural?

JamieD

All of them.

In a bee colony, there are hundreds of infertile female workers for every one fertile queen. Is it "unnatural" that this rampant infertility was not naturally selected out of the gene pool? "By definition, infertility could not possibly continue from one generation to the next"?

Homosexuality has been found in many species and can be considered perfectly natural.

However homophobia has only been observed in one species and might, therefore, be considered unnatural..

Breathing is natural...just like serial killers, paedophiles, laughing - all natural. You don't see scientists working on artificially creating paedophiles in labs so yes, its a natural phenomena, just like anything else which was created by nature without intervention. Could you rephrase your question so it becomes more clear what you mean?

Edited by koti

Still no links, thought so.

So from now on, nothing but links to scientific studies, got it.

Can you clarify something first? Are you talking about homosexuality in nature, like Simpson17866 mentioned, or are you talking about human homosexuality, as Manticore was linking to? Also, do you think humans are part of nature? Or do you consider them unnatural?

You mean, "are there any studies".

Why would this need a study? It has existed for as long as recorded history, and probably a lot longer. By what definition of the word would it be "unnatural"?

I see you are keen to see support for statements made by others (despite you not providing any support for your opinions). So ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8433527/First-homosexual-caveman-found.html

http://www.egyptology.com/niankhkhnum_khnumhotep/dallas.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

http://www.timesofisrael.com/4000-year-old-erotica-depicts-a-strikingly-racy-ancient-sexuality/

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/homosexuality/

Edited by Strange

So from now on, nothing but links to scientific studies, got it.

Can you clarify something first? Are you talking about homosexuality in nature, like Simpson17866 mentioned, or are you talking about human homosexuality, as Manticore was linking to? Also, do you think humans are part of nature? Or do you consider them unnatural?

The OP had already started one thread (closed down immediately):

"l and I bet ya the only studies out there are atheistic. Where are the studies by scientists that say being gay is natural? None. Thought so. Sinners."

So; definitely aimed at human homosexuality.

Does it matter?

Someone's sexual orientation is a matter for them, as is yours, no one is forcing you to like it, or indeed participate, that's why we invented the word tolerate.

If you want to throw a tantrum do it in private, you won't find any allies on this site.

I say that JamieD's homophobic and moronic stance is a natural phenomena too. Nature brings us such diversity but only within humans we see such horrible, unjustified hostility which could be easly avoided by using a fraction of the neurons provided in our brains.

I say that JamieD's homophobic and moronic stance is a natural phenomena too. Nature brings us such diversity but only within humans we see such horrible, unjustified hostility which could be easly avoided by using a fraction of the neurons provided in our brains.

Let me get this straight, so to speak. Are you saying JamieD is here to teach us something about ourselves, as sort of a negative role model? Like an Archie Bunker type who shows us the absurdity of hateful attitudes and behaviors in modern human society, in the hope that we'll effect change because of his ludicrous stances? Is that what you're saying?

Because that works, actually.

All i can say is: every permutation of behaviour seems to exist somewhere in nature, therefore, they must be natural. The real question is: is homosexuality detrimental to social cohesion and general harmony? The OP's question is undefined as to what 'natural' means to him and the subsequent social/personal consequences of a behaviour being unnatural.

Edited by StringJunky

Let me get this straight, so to speak. Are you saying JamieD is here to teach us something about ourselves, as sort of a negative role model? Like an Archie Bunker type who shows us the absurdity of hateful attitudes and behaviors in modern human society, in the hope that we'll effect change because of his ludicrous stances? Is that what you're saying?

Because that works, actually.

I wasnt aware of that Archie Bunker character but yes, one of the things which I learned from this forum is to look for any value added possible even in the most disgraceful, moronic posts/stances. Today is a good day and I managed to write what I have writen instead of bursting into flames in which case I don't write at all. Don't applaud me yet though, the guy might post something which might get me into burst mode. Hopefuly this gets closed before it happens.

What do you mean by "natural".. ?

Whether it is found in wild living animals.. ?

Whether it is found in hermetic environment created by humans for animals.. ?

In the famous "mouse utopia experiment" by John B. Calhoun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

Mouses started having homosexual intercourse spontaneously.

I had a lecture about homosexuality in my psy class. Unfortunately, I was not taking any notes ( I regret that now) but what I do remember is that the cause of homosexuality is caused by prenatal hormones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation

Oh, and sexual orientation and sexual preferences are not the same thing.

Still no links, thought so.

That may well reflect that fact that you didn't ask for links.

Did you post what you thought you did?

Also, it's a bit of a tangent, but- since you did say it- perhaps you can explain what you meant by this.

"... the only studies out there are atheistic"

All scientific studies I have seen were essentially agnostic- it didn't matter whether there was a God or not.

Perhaps you could explain how you would do the study in each of the two ways: aesthetic and not-atheistic.

Thanks.

Recently, in a group of friends where there was a couple of gay guys, I was amazed to see one of them make a discrete pass at another friend, who is presumably heterosexual because he was there with his wife (and was also very suprised and unresponsive). After the event, I asked the gay friend what was going on, and his reply astonished me: his view is that homosexuality is totally normal, and that heterosexuality was a kind of deviant. Basically, every male is fundamentally homosexual (according to him), so that he considered any male as a potential partner even when they were displaying overtly heterosexual behaviour. (He also suggested that gays were more promiscuous, and that it was quite normal for him to have a fling and his partner did not mind at all, but that is a different issue). He also claimed that this was the view of a lot of his gay friends.

As a heterosexual male totally unaware of any homosexual urges, this was totally new to me and rather difficult to digest. But I mention it here because it illustrates the point that normality is something very subjective.