How to make a Tardis appear bigger on the inside

aki7

Hi, I am making a life size Tardis, I would like to create the illusion of the Tardis being bigger on the inside, such as the Tardis in the following link - Is there any way that a full size Tardis could be made so that a person could walk inside and not see reflections of themselves? With the small Tardis in the link, the panel of polarised plastic stops the outside reflections and the outside appears black. The problem with a full size version is that when someone walks inside there are many reflections of the person in the mirrors, the Tardis still looks bigger on the inside, but there are many reflections of the person. Is there any way this could be made full size and someone could walk inside and not see their own reflection?

Perhaps you could line the interior walls with enlarged 3D landscape pictures and put on those 3D glasses when you go inside, if that's not too difficult. I would probably try to make a scaled-down version first, using a large cardboard box about 1m by 1m by 1m and cutting a hole in one side just big enough to put my face through. Can't think of anything else, sorry. Good luck anyway.

You have to arrange the mirrors so that they were reflecting something other than the interior of the box itself, like a second stage area above or below the interior, similar to a Pepper's ghost set-up without the ghost.

I'm not entirely sure how to get that to work with the given constraints, but it seems like that might be the only way that could potentially be feasible if you want a similar effect without just invoking digital displays or, as above, 3D glasses or some such that "gives away" the illusion more easily.

Not sure you could ever be able to see the bigger-on-the-inside effect from the doorway, but I can easily imagine a Tardis that's up against a (seemingly) solid wall, and you need to step in and open a second door to access the main space.