Bermuda Triangle may have been solved!

Raider5678

The so called mystery of the "Bermuda Triangle" is in effect no real mystery at all, and more often then not, just sensationalistic media hype over the years.

Some facts......

Media hype and sensationalistic reporting....

Some of the so called disappearances, occurred outside the "designated" Bermuda Triangle.....

It is also one of the most heavily used shipping lanes in the world.....

The so called area in question, is frequented by cyclones and hurricanes.....

What it is not, is some mystic supernatural, paranormal, Alien induced phenomena.....

More on the Bermuda Triangle here.............................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

Edited by beecee

The so called mystery of the "Bermuda Triangle" is in effect no real mystery at all, and more often then not, just sensationalistic media hype over the years.

Some facts......

Media hype and sensationalistic reporting....

Some of the so called disappearances, occurred outside the "designated" Bermuda Triangle.....

It is also one of the most heavily used shipping lanes in the world.....

The so called area in question, is frequented by cyclones and hurricanes.....

What it is not, is some mystic supernatural, paranormal, Alien induced phenomena.....

Except scientists are thrilled they finally figured out the mystery.

If you knew the answer so long, why didn't you say so?

Except scientists are thrilled they finally figured out the mystery.

If you knew the answer so long, why didn't you say so?

I suggest you read the link I gave.....

Again, there was nothing really mysterious about the so called Bermuda Triangle, that would have it stand out from other areas around the world's Oceans:

What's to stop hexagon clouds from forming elsewhere....Even Saturn has them.

Sometimes one needs to consider the reputable nature of the link given. I certainly have not seen anything pertaining to the link in the OP, on any other science news site.

In fact a quick search by myself found this......................

https://www.livescience.com/56622-bermuda-triangle-air-bombs-not-likely.html

No, 'Honeycomb' Clouds Don't Explain Bermuda Triangle Mystery

The article concludes thus.........

"Equipment failure and human error are less dramatic explanations for vanished vessels in the Bermuda Triangle, but they are the most likely ones, experts say. "There is no evidence that mysterious disappearances occur with any greater frequency in the Bermuda Triangle than in any other large, well-traveled area of the ocean," the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said in a statement."

Edited by beecee

my wife sailed to bermuda in 1983 single handed, and for about 1 hour the sea appeared to boil around her, and many bubbles came to the surface, the yacht compass stopped working in that it wobbled erratically. Interesting huh.

I was under the impression that earth quake activity could cause this phenomina, by releasing gas from the sea floor.

Super waves were known to mariners long before scientists discovered them. I was also under the impression the earth quake idea was the most likely explanasion of vessels disapearing around the bermuda triangle, and scientists were aware of it.

my wife sailed to bermuda in 1983 single handed, and for about 1 hour the sea appeared to boil around her, and many bubbles came to the surface, the yacht compass stopped working in that it wobbled erratically. Interesting huh.

I was under the impression that earth quake activity could cause this phenomina, by releasing gas from the sea floor.

Super waves were known to mariners long before scientists discovered them. I was also under the impression the earth quake idea was the most likely explanasion of vessels disapearing around the bermuda triangle, and scientists were aware of it.

Can't really comment on what your wife thought she experienced, but rogue waves can happen anywhere, and are not peculiar to the so called Bermuda Triangle.

Can't really comment on what your wife thought she experienced, but rogue waves can happen anywhere, and are not peculiar to the so called Bermuda Triangle.

We know that.

But if they happen more often then it's more common.

We know that.

But if they happen more often then it's more common.

Yes, IF they happen more often.

The point I am making though, and I'm sure you understand, is what I said previously....

If I wanted to organise an insurance fraud, the Bermuda Triangle would be a tempting place to do it.

But if it was a genuine problem, insurance companies would refuse to cover travel in the area. I've never heard of any restriction, and they have the figures, and statistics and tools to work out the risk.

There are a lot saferplaces than the middle of an ocean to sink a boat for insurance purposes.

Undersea volcanoes are plentiful and can cause tsunamis, not all of them are far below the surface. There is one South of El Hiero in the canaries, another in the azores. Kicking Jenny in the Carribean. The local marine forecasts in the Carribean include the undersea volcanic activity and advise people not to sail over it when it is active. Insurance companies don't legislate against acts of nature that can not be forecast. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, is why we have insurance.

Seismic activity on the sea bed could account for turbulence or bubbles on the surface of sea, especially if those bubbles come from 4000m below the surface, which is equivalent to about 400 atmospheres. Small bubbles on the ocean floor would be 400 times larger by the time they reached the surface, and could make a vessel less bouyant.

The burmuda triangle, and the atlantic plate and sea floor spreading might account for gas release from the sea bed, that could in theory cause a boat to fall down a bubble or to become less buoyant.

What gas or change in the sea water properties could cause a compass to deviate?. Could a difference in salinity of the water cause a current to flow and cause compass deviations, I think it could? As I understand fresh water meeting sea water is a potential energy source being investigated. Water from the sea bed driven up by a undersea volcano could cause a change in salinity near the surface and cause a current to flow and hence a due to turbulence in the water cause a fluctuating magnetic field.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.