computer is being hijacked

JoeWilliams

my computer is being hijacked,do I have to download some software to keep my computer clean as it was?That article I read provides some ways and a software named ScamSpam for me to do that,but I think there may be a better way,I hope you have a better way to help me. :)

Edited by Phi for All
not the place to advertise

my computer is being hijacked,do I have to download some software to keep my computer clean as it was?That article I read provides some ways and a software named ... for me to do that,but I think there may be a better way,I hope you have a better way to help me. :)

That software gets very bad reviews. (I have edited the name out, as I suspect this post is a crappy attempt at spam. Why would anyone put a smiley on a post about their computer being hijacked?)

You might want to look at Malwarebytes or Emsisoft.

• 1 month later...

Press windows key+r and typ shell:startup see if theres any hidden files in there. Get kaspersky and anti malwarebytes and run a full scan. 

If this doesnt detect anything thats related to the hijack such as a RAT, Trojan, you should consider backing up your files and completely clean your hard disk and start with a new operating system. 

I suggest Windows 10 most stuff will be stopped by Windows Defender, but in this case I think its crypted well enough to bypass all kinds of anti virus and defenders.

If you really want to be save, try moving over to Linux and the best anti virus is YOU, dont click on stuff you dont trust, question it.

Download and install Malwarebytes. Click Scan, select Custom Scan and select the whole C: drive. Also select rootkit scan.
If it finds anything, click Quarantine Selected. Restart the computer.
Do another full Malwarebytes scan, if it doesn't find anything, your okay. Otherwise, Quarantine anything it finds, restart and do another full scan.

When you're finished with Malwarebytes. Download ADWCleaner and so a scan. You only need to run this once.

Next, do a FULL virus scan with your regular anti-virus software (not a quick scan).

Uninstall any other software that claims to remove malware etc as it could be fake software.