Air pump for experiment

KnowSome

Hi,

I'm trying to do an experiment for air which I can do at home. What I need is an air pump which can suck in air then expel it into something. I've been looking on amazon for air pumps but obviously just because it says it's an air pump doesn't mean it's going to do what I want. So do you guys know any air pumps that fit my specifications? I'm hoping to buy something really cheap, pretty small and easy to carry.

Cheers

At a wreck yard, you can find the pump/compressor used in some vehicles to level suspension for few $. Got one from a Cadillac and is capable of 100 psig; if fits your needs. Cannot tell its flow rate, works with 12 V and very quiet.

What is the exact thing you plan to achieve? Do you want to get a vacuum in some container or do you need to pump compressed air into a container?

I want to pump the air into a container and I'm thinking of putting it into a test tube.

At a wreck yard, you can find the pump/compressor used in some vehicles to level suspension for few $. Got one from a Cadillac and is capable of 100 psig; if fits your needs. Cannot tell its flow rate, works with 12 V and very quiet.

That looks that it could be kinda big, you sure you can't get something relatively simple from amazon or ebay? Well I'm from the UK and we obviously have wreckyards in the UK. Is there exact name for the component you're referirng to.?

Hi,...do you guys know any air pumps that fit my specifications? I'm hoping to buy something really cheap, pretty small and easy to carry.

You have not told much about specifications other than cheap -which means nothing; small -which means nothing,

Kinda big... What is your target size ? What pressure do you need ?

The automotive suspension pump I have is around 8cm diameter x 15cm long.

I have another less than a cubic inch, but no specifications. There is the tire inflating gadgets; noisy. There is the aquarium bubbling pumps, ...

Smaller ones ----> https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170610113817&SearchText=air+pump+sphygmomanometer

You have not told much about specifications other than cheap -which means nothing; small -which means nothing,

Kinda big... What is your target size ? What pressure do you need ?

The automotive suspension pump I have is around 8cm diameter x 15cm long.

I have another less than a cubic inch, but no specifications. There is the tire inflating gadgets; noisy. There is the aquarium bubbling pumps, ...

Smaller ones ----> https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170610113817&SearchText=air+pump+sphygmomanometer

Yea the smaller ones are exactly what I'm looking for. Cheers. So basically I can activate these by pressing some button?

Edited by KnowSome

Everything that I know of can be done pressing buttons these days; from planting a seed to launch a rocket to the moon.

I dunno I was just concerned that the pump only worked as a component that needed to be attached to the aquarium.

• 2 weeks later...