Never go back ??

studiot

Mine usually aren't typos, but are little annoying mistakes in precision. One that bugged me (I think it was here) was when I wrote "... burning up the oxygen" instead of "... using up the oxygen". I knew what I meant, but it was still written wrong. Wrongly. Wrongily.

One thing I've noticed, from hanging out on IRC, is that I am more likely to make a "homonym mistake" on IRC than in, say, typing a word document. I think even though IRC is written, it somehow triggers verbal parts of our brain. When you're talking it doesn't matter whether you say "right" or "write." That's the only theory I've come up with for why it happens more on IRC - when I'm typing there I'm really "conversing" instead of "writing."

One thing I've noticed, from hanging out on IRC, is that I am more likely to make a "homonym mistake" on IRC than in, say, typing a word document. I think even though IRC is written, it somehow triggers verbal parts of our brain. When you're talking it doesn't matter whether you say "right" or "write." That's the only theory I've come up with for why it happens more on IRC - when I'm typing there I'm really "conversing" instead of "writing."

Wait, does the forum IRC actually work?