Doubt on Gravitation

Sooryakiran

I suppose that in Einsteins equations there is time, which always proceeds, and that is the "movement" in the fourth dimension we are talking about. In the model that is visualised by multiply time by c, then all four axis have the same dimension space in which there is always (invisable) movement in the time axis. In the model of Migl the same: the travel North is the movement in time. A model without movement would be a model without time, and that is really not reality.

Einstein's field equations have been found to have many different solutions.

Just to increase the complications the equations themselves developed and changed over half a century.

Here is an extract from Eddington : The Mathematical Theory of Relativity that contrasts a solution by De Sitter with Einstein's own.

post-74263-0-59118400-1497434575_thumb.jpg

Note the paragraph under the equations that considers rest and motion.

A later more bizarre solution was due to Godel (1949)

This one allows time travel.

The equations themselves are non-linear, so it is not necessarily so that combinations of solutions are also solutions, though this possibility is not ruled out either.

You know you are completely right about one thing and it was a very good question.

The model proposed by MigL does indeed require motion in order to develop an apparent force and offers no answer as to why there might be one between objects with zero relative motion.

Interestingly Einstein in his paper submitted in 1915 to the Prussian academy says at greater length than this shortened translation:

"What we perceive as gravity is nothing more than objects moving in the geometry of spacetime"

[..]

I suppose that you referred to this paper: https://en.wikisource.org/?curid=735695

Where does he state something like that?

I suppose that you referred to this paper: https://en.wikisource.org/?curid=735695

Where does he state something like that?

I've no idea if that is the same paper to be honest.

There was only one Englishman who could have attended the lecture on November 25th, 1915 and that was not me.

In case you missed it there was a war on.

I see I said 'submitted' but the report in my source actually states 'presented' so I suppose if it is not in the text of the paper it would have been in Einstein's presentation speech/lecture.

Ferreira : The Perfect Theory : page 21 : paragraph 3.

I've no idea if that is the same paper to be honest.

There was only one Englishman who could have attended the lecture on November 25th, 1915 and that was not me.

In case you missed it there was a war on.

I see I said 'submitted' but the report in my source actually states 'presented' so I suppose if it is not in the text of the paper it would have been in Einstein's presentation speech/lecture.

Ferreira : The Perfect Theory : page 21 : paragraph 3.

Thanks for the clarification. According to Wikipedia, Ferreira was born in 1968. If so, he wasn't there. And if he produced no source for his claim, it's probably wrong. That kind of popular books often are full of errors.