is this possible ??

Skarz

Hi everyone

i took this picture in Jerusalem . take a look at it

​its see through ... you can see everything behind me and guys its NOT PHOTOSHOP

took it with my own mobile phone and there is other pictures like this

how come the camera lens can see whats behind me ?

how come my body didn't block the light coming for things behind me ?

Please dont leave any negative comments and lets try explain this

post-130147-0-66682300-1496932769_thumb.jpg

post-130147-0-70351600-1496934598_thumb.jpg

post-130147-0-01123500-1496934626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skarz

A number of fancy things get done in cell phone camera hardware and software. For one thing, extensive processing is done to the raw data, to make it have appropriate color balance, to compress it, etc. etc. etc. A .jpg file is usually stored at "less than 100% quality." In this case I think that would have to be the explanation.

Another fun thing I've seen is a picture of a bus driving by - because of the way the image acquisition is done "row by row" the bus winds up looking slanted, while the trees above the top of the bus look fine.

It looks like it only happens in the black areas. It's a really interesting picture just the same, and a good conversation starter. :)

I can't see what you are seeing on my screen... Don't a lot of these modern phones use 2 cameras for focusing things up front and also behind? Maybe it is something to do with that or the way it is processed?

KipIngram

thanks for the reply

can you post the picture that you are talking about

and this still cant explain how come it can see whats behind me

the light came through my body !!!!!!!!! if this is possible then with a little bit of hardware and software we can see whats behind walls

Maybe you could show it to a pretty girl in a bar and tell her you have a rare condition that's causing you to fade away, and see if she can make your final dream come true before you're completely gone. :)

Yes, I'll try to find the picture, and when I post it I'll tell the story behind it that led me to learn that fact about phones. It fits into the general nature of this forum very well.

I am pretty sure the light did not 'come through your body' - it is much more likely to be a processing error or something to do with the device using 2 cameras, like most modern phones.

Maybe you could show it to a pretty girl in a bar and tell her you have a rare condition that's causing you to fade away, and see if she can make your final dream come true before you're completely gone. :)

Yes, I'll try to find the picture, and when I post it I'll tell the story behind it that led me to learn that fact about phones. It fits into the general nature of this forum very well.

is this humor ??

maybe you can go look for a 16 years old girl and show her this joke .... maybe she will fall into your hands

Edited by Skarz

I am pretty sure the light did not 'come through your body' - it is much more likely to be a processing error or something to do with the device using 2 cameras, like most modern phones.

its was only one camera

CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, f/2.8, autofocus Features Geo-tagging, touch focus Video 480p@30fps Secondary No

Note that the only thing you can see "through" your body are the horizontal lines of the steps. So I am fairly sure this is a JPEG compression artefact. You can tell it is not stored at high detail. JPEG is not a lossless format. This means that it will make all sorts of assumptions about the image to reduce the amount of data stored. In this case, I guess it is assuming the the lines of steps continue right across the image (if the foreground were not solid black, this probably would be visible, so in most cases it is a reasonable approximation).

This is all actually done by analysing frequencies in the signal, not really by looking at features like "steps".)

Here it is:

iphone_3g_s_rolling_shutter.jpg

So, I can't find the paper now, but the story behind this was that a guy wrote a paper on vixra where he claimed to show quantum "nonreality" using a cell phone video and a laser firing through a spinning fan blade, and a mirror and a half-silvered mirror. The crux of his claim was that there was a moment when you could see a laser dot on the wall, but at a time when the laser was clearly and visibly off. His whole tone was over-the-top arrogant and sure of himself.

Anyway, I was first concerned about shutter speeds and so on and the fact that it would take some time for the beam to traverse the apparatus - some number of nanoseconds. But the "rolling shutter" behavior of typical cellphone cameras gave an even better explanation - the dot and the laser were at different vertical coordinates in the frame - he just caught a moment when the laser was on when the camera acquired the wall dot but off by the time the camera acquired the laser itself.

I'm afraid I rained on his parade pretty badly. :-(

Edited by KipIngram

Anyway, I was first concerned about shutter speeds and so on and the fact that it would take some time for the beam to traverse the apparatus - some number of nanoseconds. But the "rolling shutter" behavior of typical cellphone cameras gave an even better explanation - the dot and the laser were at different vertical coordinates in the frame - he just caught a moment when the laser was on when the camera acquired the wall dot but off by the time the camera acquired the laser itself.

A bit like that old school trick of appearing at both ends of the school photo by rushing round faster than the rotating panoramic camera. (People have repeated this with Google Streetview.)

Note that the only thing you can see "through" your body are the horizontal lines of the steps.

And, now I have seen the other photos, "through" other vertical structures. You can also see these going across the doors in the second image.

The other possibility is that it is an effect of the sensor; it could be that when the data is scanned out of the sensor it is affected by the other pixels it passes.

Edited by Strange

how can i delete this whole post [thread] ??

Generally in web forums that's not the "done thing". It's a form of revisionism, and is annoying to other people who participated.

Edited by pzkpfw

Generally in web forums that's not the "done thing". It's a form of revisionism, and is annoying to other people who participated.

i just dont want to share my pictures and this story anymore .... Please delete the thread