Masters of Science in Computer Science vs Masters of Science in Applied Computer Science

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum so I apologise if its out of the ordinary. I am curious as to what the difference is bewteen the Masters of Science in Computer Science is, vs the Masters of Science in Applied Computer Science. Which looks better on a resume? And which degree would you want in what field of work?

Applied courses teach through real world learning. You could for instance be an apprentice electrician/chef etc and learn through on the job learning etc. Normal courses are more theoretical. Whichever is best is really what suits you everybody is different. I like learning stuff on my own so a research masters would probably suit me.

Edited by fiveworlds

Applied courses teach through real world learning. You could for instance be an apprentice electrician/chef etc and learn through on the job learning etc. Normal courses are more theoretical. Whichever is best is really what suits you everybody is different. I like learning stuff on my own so a research masters would probably suit me.

Well, would one look better than the other on a resume? I am interested in CyberSecurity,working with any federal law enforcement agency.