However the 9 Middle Numbers ie the Core 3x3 Squares are not a

3x3 Magic Square

Rearrange the Numbers 1-25 in such a way that we have a 5x5 Magic

Square with a Magic Sum of 65 & the middle 9 numbers form a

3x3 Magic Square !

• 3 weeks later...

Commander,

Nice puzzle.

I did not solve it yet, but I think I have a good approach.

I will post the approach as a hint if you remind me how to post a spoiler.

Regards, TAR

Thread,

Thanks to Function, the poster, in Suggestions, I now remember how to post a spoiler.

So here is my approach. I think the solution is near by either completing the thought, or adjusting it in some workable manner.

I have not found the right pair combo to make the corners work, but if you take the numbers 1 through 25 and make a magic 3x3 square in the center with the numbers 9 through 17 where all the rows columns and diagonals add up to 39 you are left with the task of arranging the remaining 8 pairs that add up to 26 around the outside (16 squares left to fill.) So with the pairs 1,25 2,24 3,23 4,22 5,21 6,20 7,19 8,18 you fill the outside. like wherever you put the 1, put the 25 opposite.

Regards, TAR

Thread,

Thanks to Function, the poster, in Suggestions, I now remember how to post a spoiler.

So here is my approach. I think the solution is near by either completing the thought, or adjusting it in some workable manner.

I have not found the right pair combo to make the corners work, but if you take the numbers 1 through 25 and make a magic 3x3 square in the center with the numbers 9 through 17 where all the rows columns and diagonals add up to 39 you are left with the task of arranging the remaining 8 pairs that add up to 26 around the outside (16 squares left to fill.) So with the pairs 1,25 2,24 3,23 4,22 5,21 6,20 7,19 8,18 you fill the outside. like wherever you put the 1, put the 25 opposite.

Regards, TAR

Hi Tar,

Thanks for the attempt !

I too went on similar lines until I found a solution !

I mean in some way similar so that you don't get any wrong signal !

+1 for you so far

Regards

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tar : BTW the middle 3x3 Magic Square need not have consecutive numbers : Can be any set of 9 numbers out of 1-25 !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tar : After working out the Solutions once again I found that it is possible to have 9-17 in the middle 3x3 Magic square and have 5x5 Magic Square overall !

Thanks for opening my eyes to this possibility.

My first Solution had any 9 numbers in the 3x3 Middle Squares.

It makes the Puzzle simpler !

Edited by Commander

• 2 weeks later...

I give below the Solution for 5x5 MS with 3x3 MS within with random numbers out of 1-25 and also another Solution with Sequential numbers 9-17 in the 3x3 MS Core as suggested by Tar !

This will help in finding Solutions to the 3 other Magic Square Puzzles still outstanding & might be solved easily with these clues !

post-108627-0-99757400-1498715860_thumb.jpg