How far are you alive near a binary neutron star system?

If I have a binary system of neutron stars, and they are about to collide and become a black hole. Does anyone know a formula I can use, disconsidering the energy reseased in the collision, to determine how far I have to be from it to survive it's gravitational pull and also the black hole's, and how to use it?

Thanks;

Arthur

2MG/c²

M = total mass of both stars.

G = Gravitational Constant

c = Speed of light.

That will be the event horizon. Any closer, and you're dead. Even being that close is risky, but that's the point of no return if you want to push it.

Edited:

Was:

c = Speed of light squared.

Edited by Raider5678

A neutron binary tends to be a fairly inhospitable place - the dense neutron star sucks matter from the partner, the matter spirals in towards the neutron star in a disc, as it gets closer it spirals faster and bumps into itself getting very hot, the superheated material gives off nasty radiation, and every so often a section of infalling matter impacts the neutron star in a certain way giving off a huge blast of gamma radiation which fries anything towards the pole / axis to a distant of many AU - maybe even things Lyrs away.

That's before any inspiral or black hole formation