Heating solution

DrP

Hi,

Any advice on what the best type of heating solution would be for the following scenario? I have seen some large infra red patio heaters and have also looked at some gas panels. I am not sure if the IR will kick out enough heat for what we require.

We need a heating panel (can be gas, electric, whatever) that is large and will kick out enough heat so that something left near it will start to singe. Ideally the item (a wood panel) will reach a surface temp of around 400C and stay about there.

I remember the old electric bar heaters that were hot enough to set stuff alight if you left things too close.. (my nan's dog regularly ignited its fur by lying too close)... but I don't think modern electric fires kick out direct radiated heat like that anymore.

So - what are the hottest and most dangerous heaters out there - I need a really severe one that will toast a dog or a wood panel if left a few feet away. (I have obviously searched around a bit - the best I can see at the moment are the large patio heaters, I was wondering if a ceramic gas fired panel was available or something, I can only find home solutions though, which are designed to be safe, so won't really set anything alight). Maybe we need to build our own gas panel?

Thanks for any suggestions/leads I can investigate further.

OK - Thanks - I think I have now found some higher power industrial heaters that kick out 9 to nearly 50 kw of heating power. Both gas and electric. A phone call to the company that makes them and a discussion with their tech team helped. I just wondered if there was anything obvious I was missing.

Edited by DrP

Pretty much. I want something that doesn't have fire safety in mind at the heart of it's design - I want it to heat whatever is in front of it to near ignition. :) Thanks - I've found a few things similar. Some of them are 9 kw, I even found a 49 kw heater. You don't want to stand right in front of that one!

Edited by DrP

CPC-farnell are a regular supplier of mine, but I didn't know what wattage you needed.

I suggest you look at industrial ceramic heaters in Screwfix or MachineMart.

Just no-nonsense power.

However I claim my share of the chestnuts.

:)