What is distant healing?

tkadm30

Here's a randomized double-blind study on the effect of distant healing (DH) on a population with advanced AIDS syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1305403/

So, is this evidence of nonlocal, spooky action at a distance in living systems? (aka biological nonlocality)

Here's a review of the scientific evidences I found so far:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4654780/

The first critique was a game-ender for many decades, but today, the “nonlocal” connections of quantum entanglement have been convincingly demonstrated,20,4446 establishing that instant physical correlations over macroscopic distances, as well as connections that transcend time, are no longer startling theoretical possibilities but empirical facts.

Edited by tkadm30

If you do a hundred tests of "magic" about 5 of them will produce results that are statistically significant at the p=0.05 level.

It doesn't mean the effect is real.

The phrase "Report of a small scale study" says a lot.

There is no plausible mechanism for an effect.

Saying "it's quantum- like the spooky action at a distance" isn't providing a mechanism; it's just using the word "quantum" as if it's magic.

We are aware of only 1 meta-analysis that has attempted to integrate the literature of DHI effects in simple living systems. In 2014, Roe et al completed a meta-analysis of “non-whole-human” studies (including animals, plants, and blood and other cells).34 Out of 49 studies, treatment arms receiving active healing displayed improved wellbeing outcomes as compared to those not receiving healing (r=.258, 95% confidence interval [CI]=0.239-0.278).

If you do a hundred tests of "magic" about 5 of them will produce results that are statistically significant at the p=0.05 level.

It doesn't mean the effect is real.

The phrase "Report of a small scale study" says a lot.

There is no plausible mechanism for an effect.

Saying "it's quantum- like the spooky action at a distance" isn't providing a mechanism; it's just using the word "quantum" as if it's magic.

Indeed, JC. It's really sorta funny how often practitioners or apologists for psuedo scientific claims use QM as their medium of choice! Rupert Sheldrake does it for his elusive Morphic Resonance. Telekinesis guys use it. As do believers in Crystal Healing and I think even Homeopathy. And you just know they do this since very few people even understand quantum mechanics. And they love the famous Einstein quote about spooky action since it sounds like a very intelligent man of science is actually advocating the veracity of unproven and mysterious machinations.

"It works on a quantum level" is beginning to be a throw away phrase. Or even a red flag? LOL. Akin to fat free in the supermarket.

Here's a randomized double-blind study on the effect of distant healing (DH) on a population with advanced AIDS syndrome.

So, is this evidence of nonlocal, spooky action at a distance in living systems? (aka biological nonlocality)

What is distant healing?

If I posted........

"The short answer is, Bullshit." Would that be warning point worthy? LOL.

At this point, I'm thinking it would be fine. Unless of course the alleged practitioner of the voodoo was a female. In which case kid gloves need be used, less a comment that could be construed as questioning her science gets interpreted as sexist.

I would normally add an LOL after that last bit. But after this past week and a real exposure to the silly pc obsession and knee jerk feminism here, it's more a proven accurate claim than a humorous one.

Imaftaal deleting a direct observation from a registered nurse that mentioned high school females was the topping point for my allegations on this. That was one silly assed move by a moderator. Doing it because she can. Tell me a male would've deleted the comment.

Ok, you can ban me now. I've had my belly full of this shite anyways.

Adios.

Edited by Velocity_Boy

Indeed, JC. It's really sorta funny how often practitioners or apologists for psuedo scientific claims use QM as their medium of choice! Rupert Sheldrake does it for his elusive Morphic Resonance. Telekinesis guys use it. As do believers in Crystal Healing and I think even Homeopathy. And you just know they do this since very few people even understand quantum mechanics. And they love the famous Einstein quote about spooky action since it sounds like a very intelligent man of science is actually advocating the veracity of unproven and mysterious machinations.

"It works on a quantum level" is beginning to be a throw away phrase. Or even a red flag? LOL. Akin to fat free in the supermarket.

What is distant healing?

If I posted........

"The short answer is, Bullshit." Would that be warning point worthy? LOL.

At this point, I'm thinking it would be fine. Unless of course the alleged practitioner of the voodoo was a female. In which case kid gloves need be used, less a comment that could be construed as questioning her science gets interpreted as sexist.

I would normally add an LOL after that last bit. But after this past week and a real exposure to the silly pc obsession and knee jerk feminism here, it's more a proven accurate claim than a humorous one.

How would you explain then the healing power of plants? It is well known that living at proximity of plants has a potential healing effect. I think you misunderstand how non-thermal bioelectromagnetic resonance may act on cellular response to oxidative stress...

Edited by tkadm30

How would you explain then the healing power of plants? It is well known that living at proximity of plants has a potential healing effect. I think you misunderstand how non-thermal bioelectromagnetic resonance may act on cellular response to oxidative stress...

Actually, your claim if healing plants is not well known at all. How about a link?

Other than gardening or working with plants being cathartic, like a hobby. But the idea of plants themselves exuding some sort of healing field is pure hoakum. Sheldrakian, even. In fact he's probably proposed this idea as part of his morphic resonance.

Did you read the abstract? Are you familiar with the P difference? It was 0.04! That's basically admitting right there the test was a wash, since it's lower...albeit it very slightly....than we can always expect from the 5/100 or 0.05P in a pure bogus causal test, like say, eating a pint of honey before taking an IQ text will add 30 pts to your score.

Edited by Velocity_Boy

'Bullshit' has already been used. So let's just say anyone who believes this junk should sue whatever school they went to that screwed up their education to the point where they can become victims of the scum who promote this kind of drivel. (And always for the great god Money.)

Edited by Manticore

How would you explain then the healing power of plants?

IF there is any such thing, then it may be psychological (like the way stroking a pet can reduce blood pressure).

I think you misunderstand how non-thermal bioelectromagnetic resonance may act on cellular response to oxidative stress...

Bad science fiction can be so confusing.

!

Moderator Note

Since the effects are not purported to be superluminal, this is not a nonlocal effect. By insisting that it is evidence of such, it means you are re-introducing entanglement again, and you've been told to stay away from that.