The effect of Satellites <Beams.../ on the weather .

Roger Dynamic Motion

Whuh?

I don't believe the polarisation of light has any effect on warming of the atmosphere (if that is what you are talking about). It is the fact that gases in the atmosphere (H2O, CO2, CH4, etc) absorb particular frequencies of infra-red radiation.

And what do satellites have to do with anything?

Am I right in thinking the wavelengths of satellite transmissions are too long to ionise the molecules in the atmosphere which might make them release heat as photons?

I don't know. Microwaves are used to heat things.

But on the other hand, the frequencies used by satellites are, to some extent, chosen because they are not absorbed by the atmosphere.

Am I right in thinking the wavelengths of satellite transmissions are too long to ionise the molecules in the atmosphere

I think so.

After ionization thunderbolts/electric discharges are going more easily path that has been ionized.

It's used in various electronic devices used to detect ionizing radiation.

Am I right in thinking the wavelengths of satellite transmissions are too long to ionise the molecules in the atmosphere which might make them release heat as photons?

Ionization is creating photons in visible spectrum and UV range,

ionization of metals produce x-rays (when highly accelerated electrons from electron gun are hitting piece of metal placed in vacuum tube).

Ionization of element with Z protons/atomic number can produce photons with energy <= ~ 13.6*Z^2,

so for Hydrogen <=13.6 eV per photon max,

for Helium <= 54.4 eV, and so on.

But photons are more typically emitted by any hot body.

Their energy correspond to temperature of body (blackbody radiation).

For low temperatures they are in microwaves and infrared range.

For high temperatures, f.e. millions of degrees, they will be ionization radiation.

K-band would be most impacting:

The IEEE K band is a portion of the radio spectrum in the microwave range of frequencies ranging between 18 and 27 GHz. K band between 18 and 26.5 GHz is absorbed easily by water vapor (H2O resonance peak at 22.24 GHz, 1.35 cm).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_band_(IEEE)

I know our own transmissions were done outside of it in the Ka and X-bands though.

Microwave signals must have a straight, line-of-sight path. Solid obstructions, or even heavy rain, sleet, or snow, can degrade or completely obliterate the signal. So ! ~ the impact must have an affect on the molecular structure .

But the signals are tiny compared to, say, sunlight.

and much more !~ at 500 feet from the source. /,,, meaning < with H20

< has an example.

I don't think there is any more than a trace of H20 within the thermosphere. Certainly not enough to worry about a change in weather.