Premature birth causes homosexuality

Heterogenic

You use the word "logic" but clearly you have no idea what it means, if you can use it in a total non sequitur like this.

So that's a non sequitur? You make me laugh :)

I get a -1 because Strange makes me laugh???

Edited by Itoero

No, because you can't see a non sequitur.

So if prenatal hormones have an important role in adult sexual orientation and a premature birth causes prenatal hormones not to fulfill their duty, then in your opinion that does not mean that the sexual orientation is out of balance which increases the chance of being gay?????????????????? Edited by Itoero

If there is a strong mechanistic link you would expect that most if not all premature infants will be homosexual, with a gradual decline toward term birth. Does the data actually show that?

We don't know how strong this link is...or what premature birth or a problem during pregnancy causes hormone-wise.

We don't know how strong this link is...or what premature birth or a problem during pregnancy causes hormone-wise.

Indeed.

In fact the only thing we really know id that premature birth does not cause homosexuality.

We know this because not all homosexuals were born prematurely and not all people born prematurely are homosexual.

Let me know if something changes, otherwise this thread is dead.

Of course there might be some interesting discussion about an apparent correlation between the two conditions.

However, neither condition is well understood, so the chances of anyone finding a meaningful link are slim.

So if prenatal hormones have an important role in adult sexual orientation and a premature birth causes prenatal hormones not to fulfill their duty, then in your opinion that does not mean that the sexual orientation is out of balance which increases the chance of being gay??????????????????

So you are convinced there is a link.

Except you are not.

Very "logical"

So you are convinced there is a link.

That was a reply on what CharonY said....the only one that seems to care more for science then beliefs.

It's interesting to see you people have everything but a scientific mindset, while you probably think you do.

And seeing how little you people (and many other people on this forum) understand about evolution, it's very clear why there is still so much creationism in the world. Religion and science are two sides of the same coin.

The Last time people disagreed with me this fervently, my claims were backed by one of the best physicists of this time.

That was a reply on what CharonY said....the only one that seems to care more for science then beliefs.

So when faced with science, you agree that your previous assertions were wrong. Well done.

The Last time people disagreed with me this fervently, my claims were backed by one of the best physicists of this time.

You have managed to combine two fallacies (the Galileo Gambit and Argument from Authority) in one sentence. Well done.

Wow - magister dixit. You must be right.

Why do you use latin phrases? To hide the fact that you have nothing useful to say?

So when faced with science, you agree that your previous assertions were wrong. Well done.

You have managed to combine two fallacies (the Galileo Gambit and Argument from Authority) in one sentence. Well done.

Will you keep your religitard nonsense for yourself?

Why do you use latin phrases? To hide the fact that you have nothing useful to say?

For a start it's a clause, not a phrase. And it's a perfectly acceptable expression in English when discussing logical fallacies. You clearly have no idea about them, so have a look.

Edited by DrKrettin

Expression??? 'Dixit magister' is just a translation.

What on Earth do you mean? It is Latin, not a translation. Why can't you use Google to find what it means? Here for example.

It is quite normal to use Latin expressions in English for a known concept. It's not my fault if you don't understand. While you are researching this, look for non sequitur as well, because you are really good at it.

Will you keep your religitard nonsense for yourself?

OK, so you don't understand Irony.

And you don't understand the idea of the Galileo gambit and think it has something to do with religion.

What's wrong with your brain?

It keeps getting fed drivel via discussion fora.

Edited by John Cuthber

This would then be the gay prematurely born uncle theory.The gay uncle theory is about an uncle or aunt which is gay and therefor does not have children and can help raising his nieces and nephews.A prematurely born person with health problems will most of the times have no children, which also allows it to help raising nieces and nephews....that's imo why prematurely born infants have a higher chance of becoming gay.

Me thinks you would have great difficulty proving that people who were born prematurely and who have encountered health problems during their lives usually do not marry. I doubt you could find even a study showing any persuasive evidence for that idea.

For one, the qualifying parameters are too nebulous. How early is premature? What constitutes a life of health problems? How many days must you be sick? How many days healthy to not qualify? Do colds and flu count? How about sports injuries? I'm currently as healthy as the proverbial horse. I've hardly been sick, ever, but have broken four bones, have multiple scars, and have been concussed twice playing hockey. I also sustained a GSW in Iraq.

So... Do I have a history of health problems? LOL

Your idea also implies that people become gay, or...decide to be? Because they're sickly and....and ....what, exactly? Can't get heterosexual dates? Or straight live affairs or relationship? But hey! They can get gay lovers?

Nope. None if that washes even a little bit. Personally, I find it absurd.

My OP tells of the only probable way a premature birth could maybe be conducive to homosexuality​ in males. And it's a very biological reason. Specifically, hormonal.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Velocity_Boy

Again...Premature birth can increase the chance of becoming gay.

I have scientific evidence for this but no time to post it. I found an article that summarizes scientific research on the cause of homosexuality.

I have scientific evidence for this but no time to post it. I found an article that summarizes scientific research on the cause of homosexuality.

One more totally convincing post.

One doesn't become gay.

Hush now!

!

Moderator Note

For future reference, perhaps you should lead with the evidence, rather than waiting 4 days and a dozen posts to mention that you some but have no time to post it.

I'm sorry I insulted people.

I know what I'm doing wrong.

My scientific imagination is I think pretty good but it's often meaningless when it doesn't come with real evidence.

I have an article that summarizes scientific research concerning the cause of homosexuality.

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html

I'll quote some interesting stuff.

"Homosexuality is a congenital condition much like being "left handed". Before you dismiss the analogy remember there were times in history when being left-handed (the archaic meaning of "sinister") meant you were possessed by evil."

"Today we know that left handedness is the result of excess testosterone slowing the growth of the left-hemisphere in the developing fetal brain. It's not a choice. It's a condition. Ironically, homosexuality is caused much the same way as being left-handed. Instead of excess testosterone, the developing male fetus receives too little, often too late."

"Another nuclei of the hypothalamus, INAH-3, reveals that heterosexual males have double the volume of both homosexual and female subjects."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INAH_3

"A review of current research shows that there is no evidence supporting a social cause for homosexuality. On the contrary, there are multiple studies, both with animals and humans, demonstrating the causative relationship with the pre-natal testosterone during a critical stage in "defeminization"."

"Dr. Harry Harlow's famous studies with Rhesus monkeys demonstrated that such things as love and the ability to nurture healthy children was a learned skill that could be altered by after birth experiences. This non-biologic effect may play a role in female homosexuality and may also be a contributing factor in the degree to which congenital homosexuality is either expressed or repressed. But they do not cause homosexuality."

"Male rats were exposed to prenatal (i.e. before they were born) or postnatal (after they were born) stress, or both. The prenatally stressed males showed low levels of male copulatory behavior and high rates of female lordotic responding (i.e. "lordotic" refers to mounting behavior which usually occurs during mating). Postnatal stress had no effect."

"The present data support the hypothesis that exposure of pregnant rats to environmental stressors modifies the normal process of sexual behavior differentiation in male fetuses by decreasing functional testosterone and elevating androstenedione levels during prenatal development."

This shows that prenatal stress increases the chance of homosexuality.

Prenatal stress is known to be related wit premature birth:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3179976/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2651684/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5179252/

So science shows prematurely born infants have a higher chance of being homosexual.

Just because some characteristic may have an environmental cause does not make it automatically wrong. It can be considered wrong when it is either detrimental to the group or to the individual, of which, homosexuality harms neither and, in fact, adds diversity to human interactions and the corpus of human knowledge; this can only enhance its survivability as a species.

Edited by StringJunky