More Magic?

Take 21 random playing cards, in any order, one of which is the Joker, and shuffle as many times as you wish.

Deal them , face up, in 3 vertical columns in this sequence: 1st card 2nd card 3rd card

4th card 5th card 6th card

7th card and so on. .........

........... ................ 21st card.

Note which column has the Joker in it.

Now, carefully gather the separate columns into 3 separate piles, making sure to keep the cards in the order they were dealt.( It helps if the cards in the vertical columns are dealt slightly on top of each other ),

Next, put the 3 piles together, making sure that the pile containing the Joker is placed between the other 2 piles

Turn the joined pile over, ready to deal again.

Repeat this whole process 2 more times.

After the joined pile is turned over for third time , discard the top10 cards in the joined pile and also the bottom 10 cards in the pile.

The card left in your hand, the 11th card,is the Joker.

How does this happen?

note: if you want to go through the whole process again, give the 21 cards another good shuffle so that the Joker is not the 11th card to begin with and, by the way, i don't know how this trick works myself!

Yes, there are a few more elaborate ways of presenting the denouement, based on the bare-bones described in the first post but ,still, how does it work?

If you can't figure it out yourself, I can't explain it to you over the internet.