double slit thought

36grit

According to my latest thought experiments the electron should always be a particle. How can it be anything else in an expanding universe? But the double split and countless other experiments prove that it is also a wave.

The wave observation might be explained by a principle, whereby the cloud of possibility itself is spinning. Seems to me that this would explain the wave like properties we observe, if for some reason, it stops spinning when we observe it.

Is it possible that the detector somehow changes the spin to be perpendicular to the target or perhaps stop the spin altogether somehow?

I wonder what might happen if we turn the detector film at a 45 degree angle?

I wonder if we could come up with different interference patterns if we used different gasses in the room.

I wonder what the result might be if we put the film in the middle of the slits, both on front of and behind.

I wonder if we could predict it's landing by using a magnifying glass to narrow the cloud into a more predictable landing. We might even be able to fry an ant with one, that'd be cool.

Have any of these things been tried?

"wave nature" of electrons is exhibited in electron diffraction experiment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_diffraction

Electrons with different kinetic energy, generate different looking pattern.

I think you should start from buying young's double slit setup (cost here ~$10), diffraction grating setups (various gap sizes), and three lasers red, green, blue.

To really see how it looks in the reality.

Edited by Sensei

According to my latest thought experiments the electron should always be a particle. How can it be anything else in an expanding universe?

You have got a thought experiment. Others have done actual experiments. Do you at least care to elaborate why it has got to be this way? Not that it matters, because the experiment shows that it is wrong.

What do you mean by the cloud of possibility spinning? Is there more to it or is this all that is included in your ''thought experiment''?

I also don't understand the reasoning behind your predictions. You should elaborate on these things when posting, because you are going to get asked anyway.

According to my latest thought experiments the electron should always be a particle. How can it be anything else in an expanding universe?

What connection is there between the universe expanding and the wave nature of electrons?

First off, the slit experiment is extremely simple.

Second, it is very reliable.

Third, it is completely incomprehensible.

Fourth, it is about photons, the last time I heard, not electrons.

Fifth, it shows that light is not particles, um, exactly.

Sixth, it shows that light is not exactly waves, either.

Please do another thought experiment: figure out something ELSE light might be so as to make that neat pattern. Please.

First off, the slit experiment is extremely simple.

Second, it is very reliable.

Third, it is completely incomprehensible.

Fourth, it is about photons, the last time I heard, not electrons.

Fifth, it shows that light is not particles, um, exactly.

Sixth, it shows that light is not exactly waves, either.

1. Yes (conceptually)

2. Yes

3. Not really.

4. It has been done with photons, electrons, atoms and even large molecules.

5. and 6. Yes, they are neither waves nor particles.

The reason for the experiment would be to see if the shape of an electron more resembles a disk than a ball, I guess.

If the photons, or electrons, are parallel to the target on average, then the wave a possibility will show an interference pattern.

And if the particles are perpendicular to the target, on average, we should see particle like pattern.

If so, then the film we are using to detect the particle is responsible for the particles behavior and not the fact that we observed the particle.

To understand the shape of the particle is vital to our progress.

I'd say that: the cloud of possibility is the electron who's scale is relative to the path of least resistance. The path of least resistance both through and around the filter is simply to turn 90 degrees.

If experiments prove this theory correct then we will know that particle spins wobble and this is what creates the interference patterns. Wobble frequencies may even turn out to be at the heart of a new understanding of the strong and the weak forces. Once fully understood and mathematically calculated, we may be able to turn lead into gold using very little energy. May be worth investigation.

I'd say that: the cloud of possibility is the electron who's scale is relative to the path of least resistance. The path of least resistance both through and around the filter is simply to turn 90 degrees.

If experiments prove this theory correct then we will know that particle spins wobble and this is what creates the interference patterns. Wobble frequencies may even turn out to be at the heart of a new understanding of the strong and the weak forces. Once fully understood and mathematically calculated, we may be able to turn lead into gold using very little energy. May be worth investigation.

The interference pattern depends on the wavelength, which in turn depends on the momentum. This is experimentally confirmed.

Alchemy claims are going to require a lot more rigor than you've provided here.

The interference pattern depends on the wavelength, which in turn depends on the momentum. This is experimentally confirmed.

Alchemy claims are going to require a lot more rigor than you've provided here.

Spin, wobble, and directional movement are all properties of momentum. One will effect the other and should be mathematically calculable.

Alchemy: Well, I didn't say it would be easy, but If we took a lead atom and a hydrogen atom, lined up the disks perfectly parallel, perfectly harmonized the spin/wobble ratios and made the temperature of both compatible, then we should be able to press them together, or simply watch them merge.

I think this model might be used to explain which photons enter a galaxy and which ones lens around said galaxy.

Disk wobble frequency might also explain how magnets work, but I'm late for work. Will explain soon.

Spin, wobble, and directional movement are all properties of momentum. One will effect the other and should be mathematically calculable.

Good. I look forward to seeing you do that.

I think this model might be used to explain which photons enter a galaxy and which ones lens around said galaxy.

Until you have done the calculations you mention above, you don't have a model.

Well then show me the math. Otherwise this is baseless.

I think maybe ("I speculate") that the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle makes it impossible to line subatomic particles up by properties like that.

And you would be wrong. But that's for a discussion in another thread.

I think maybe ("I speculate") that the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle makes it impossible to line subatomic particles up by properties like that.

I wouldn't be so sure. A true genius showed me this group of true genius' and blew my mind. I was not expecting it but this is the way.

Maybe if just spin the sonic vibratory field?

Edited by 36grit

According to my latest thought experiments the electron should always be a particle. How can it be anything else in an expanding universe? But the double split and countless other experiments prove that it is also a wave.

The wave observation might be explained by a principle, whereby the cloud of possibility itself is spinning. Seems to me that this would explain the wave like properties we observe, if for some reason, it stops spinning when we observe it.

Is it possible that the detector somehow changes the spin to be perpendicular to the target or perhaps stop the spin altogether somehow?

I wonder what might happen if we turn the detector film at a 45 degree angle?

I wonder if we could come up with different interference patterns if we used different gasses in the room.

I wonder what the result might be if we put the film in the middle of the slits, both on front of and behind.

I wonder if we could predict it's landing by using a magnifying glass to narrow the cloud into a more predictable landing. We might even be able to fry an ant with one, that'd be cool.

Have any of these things been tried?

Why would you speculate on something so complex and deep with theory?

You haven't made an observation, you didn't offer an explanation and there is no prediction.