Why am I banned, but bullies aren't?

Why am I banned, for simply repeating the exact same insults a horde of bullies has continuously directed at me?

In fact, I actually said less insults than they said to me.

It's a rhetorical question. Of course I know why I was banned. I was banned because I am an outsider of the group, and humans are dominated by xenophobia and their ancient emotional associations to desire conformity. Thus I was given a bias and banned, whilst others broke more rules than me, and got no punishment.

And don't even say it was because I didn't follow the scientific method. You had guys who made ridiculous unscientific claims like "animals are not sentient" and didn't ban them for that.

Let me know when you'll give me a valid reason to stop hating humanity.

Edited by quickquestion

Why am I banned, for simply repeating the exact same insults a horde of bullies has continuously directed at me?

It's a rhetorical question. Of course I know why I was banned. I was banned because I am an outsider of the group, and humans are dominated by xenophobia and their ancient emotional associations to desire conformity. Thus I was given a bias and banned, whilst others broke more rules than me, and got no punishment.

And don't even say it was because I didn't follow the scientific method. You had guys who made ridiculous unscientific claims like "animals are not sentient" and didn't ban them for that.

Funny you should mention this, we're actually having a perfectly fine scientific discussion on whether or not animals are sentient.

"Why am I banned... ? "

It doesn't look like you are.

For example, you are still posting, and even starting new threads.

You were suspended because you violated the rules on civility.

It's a rhetorical question. Of course I know why I was banned.

I suspect you don't. Even when I had not read further, I immediately suspected that this would be some excuse you made up to feed a persecution complex.

I was banned because I am an outsider of the group, and humans are dominated by xenophobia and their ancient emotional associations to desire conformity. Thus I was given a bias and banned, whilst others broke more rules than me, and got no punishment.

...and I was right.

If you feel others were breaking the rules, you should report the posts using the "report" link at the bottom of the post. But that's for rules violations, not axe-grinding.

New members are welcome. Should they pee on the carpet and subsequently get shown the door, that's not xenophobia.

We don't ban people, or even scold them, for being wrong. If someone is factually wrong we expect that to be corrected in the course of discussion — kinda the reason the site exists. You are free to weigh in in the thread about sentience, if you can do so reasonably politely. Because we have rules and expect you to follow them. If you insult people, you will be warned and eventually suspended, and you now have empirical data to support that. If it continues, you will be banned.

I don't think anyone but you owns that responsibility, and insulting people is a curious way to be asking for help in this regard.

As far as I can see the majority of the bullying behaviour in the threads you participate in comes from you. You rant, you rave, you whine. You insult people. You complain and accuse. It's tiresome. Please grow up. You probably have some good ideas. It would be nice to discuss them without the agenda driven rhetoric. Any chance of you letting that happen any time soon?

Go ahead and hate humanity. I don't care. But can you do it elsewhere, or if you insist on staying, at least do it a little less vocally?

I've never been banned from a forum despite having been a member in many over the years. Yet some people find they are banned from every forum they visit, they are almost always the same people who blame the forum rather than their behaviour. Yet this correlation never occurs to them, it's a shame really as if they just modified their behaviour to follow some simple rules they might find a forum they can really enjoy without being banned.

In OPs case i feel rather sorry for him and would strongly suggest he sought some professional with which to talk through some of his ideas.

Try actually doing something instead of sitting around whining.

Here's some inspiration for you - three boys - all under 15 at the time and with minimal resources - who have become famous for their achievements.

1) Richard Turere

http://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/7046/Kenyan-Teen-Invents-Lion-Repellent-Device.aspx

2)Erasto Batholomeo Mpemba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpemba_effect

3) William Kakwamba

http://williamkamkwamba.typepad.com/williamkamkwamba/page/7/

And this is just in my part of the world. How many others are there elsewhere?

So get off your ass and do something.

Edited by Manticore

I agree that the ''bullying'' was unnecessary. Not because they were wrong, but because they cluttered the thread with off-topic banter.

From the perspective of both sides, you should have reported them if you didn't like their behavior and they, likewise, should have reported you if they didn't like it.

I agree with what the mods said. If I were a mod, I would have closed the thread, not for the insulting, but because it started going off-topic.

Having 4-5 different members flaming you is unproductive and completely unnecessary and was a mistake from their part as well.

As StringJunky said, this is a science forum, not facebook. Everyone should focus more on the content, not personalities.

Edited by Lord Antares

I agree that the ''bullying'' was unnecessary. Not because they were wrong, but because they cluttered the thread with off-topic banter.

From the perspective of both sides, you should have reported them if you didn't like their behavior and they, likewise, should have reported you if they didn't like it.

I agree with what the mods said. If I were a mod, I would have closed the thread, not for the insulting, but because it started going off-topic.

Having 4-5 different members flaming you is unproductive and completely unnecessary and was a mistake from their part as well.

As StringJunky said, this is a science forum, not facebook. Everyone should focus more on the content, not personalities.

Your calm approach and attempt to calm things by pouring oil on troubled waters is commendable.

However, I don't think it is reasonable to equate the behavior of quickquestion with that of everyone else.

However, I don't think it is reasonable to equate the behavior of quickquestion with that of everyone else.

Perhaps not, but the point is that people should have reported inappropriate behavior instead of starting a flame chain. If you see a crazy person in public spouting nonsense about the illuminati and harassing people, you call the authorities, instead of arguing with him and thus making even more of a fuss.

Also, I think the other members DID start insulting him/her first, instead of the argument. The blame goes both ways.

Perhaps not, but the point is that people should have reported inappropriate behavior instead of starting a flame chain. If you see a crazy person in public spouting nonsense about the illuminati and harassing people, you call the authorities, instead of arguing with him and thus making even more of a fuss.

Also, I think the other members DID start insulting him/her first, instead of the argument. The blame goes both ways.

I really think you are misunderstanding what has been going on. quickquestion's posts for the most part have been totally outrageous. To characterize our behavior as 'starting flame chains' and 'bullying' against quickquestion while you find his behavior as 'inappropriate' is a complete mischaracterization of the facts. I for one refuse to equate my behavior with his.

While you may be the type of person who turns to the authorities every time you see a violation of the rules, that is not how everyone functions. I've never called the police because of a crazy person spouting nonsense, and I often deal with situations myself. That is how the world works for many of us.

Be specific please, as I've posted in many of his/her threads and have been accused, by him/her, of being insulting a number of times, simply, for asking questions.

Edited by dimreepr

For the record, I'm not talking about either of you. I don't remember who posted what, but I know that he/she called you a senile old man, which is very rude.

I was talking more about the newer members (not to name anyone in particular) who had nothing better to contribute than some one-liner insults.

While you may be the type of person who turns to the authorities every time you see a violation of the rules, that is not how everyone functions. I've never called the police because of a crazy person spouting nonsense, and I often deal with situations myself. That is how the world works for many of us.

I am not that type of person, but the MODS themselves asked that this be the standard course of action when dealing with those kinds of posts and specifically not that people take it into their own hands. At least I could respect that.

Again, I have not seen anything inappropriate by you or dimreeper specifically.

Has nothing to do with science forums in general, injust banning happens on all kinds of forums.

I have no doubt that it does, but that's irrelevant. If you want to argue that your suspension *here* was unjust, you have to make the case that you didn't insult others in the posts that prompted it.

I have no doubt that it does, but that's irrelevant. If you want to argue that your suspension *here* was unjust, you have to make the case that you didn't insult others in the posts that prompted it.

As was stated earlier, they insulted me first.

And I repeated the exact same manner of insults they said to me.

For instance, Raider said I have a tiny mind.

Then I said he had a tiny mind.

I get suspended and a warning point on my account...yet nothing happens to him.

How is this just?

For instance, Zapatos calls me a spoiled brat and a child.

Then I call him a senile old man.

How is calling someone a spoiled brat child any morally different than calling them a senile old man?

Everyone loses their minds, tell me I cross the line, and I get warned.

Noone else gets warned.

Bullies holding each other's hands and a mutual support circle of bullies.

Even though they troll my threads and say I am sick and other insults.

Completely unfair and bogus.

Edited by quickquestion

As was stated earlier, they insulted me first.

And I repeated the exact same manner of insults they said to me.

For instance, Raider said I have a tiny mind.

Then I said he had a tiny mind.

I get suspended and a warning point on my account...yet nothing happens to him.

How is this just?

For instance, Zapatos calls me a spoiled brat and a child.

Then I call him a senile old man.

How is calling someone a spoiled brat child any morally different than calling them a senile old man?

Everyone loses their minds, tell me I cross the line, and I get warned.

Noone else gets warned.

Bullies holding each other's hands and a mutual support circle of bullies.

Even though they troll my threads and say I am sick and other insults.

Completely unfair and bogus.

Did you report the posts where you were insulted?